Chapter 8: The Elder Slayer

(Y/n)'s POV

I stood in front of the dead rathalos, looking at the man in front of us.

Erma: he really exists.

Kyanna: I thought he was just a legend.

(Y/n): um, who is this guy and why are you surprised to see him?

Kyanna: he's a legendary hunter who's been said to be able to kill a teostra with a single punch. Because of that people have started to call him The Elder Slayer.

He then spoke.

???: You kids ok?

Kyanna: y-yeah, we're fine. Thanks.

His eyes gazed over each of us and he stopped when he saw me. He walked over to me.

???: You, I saw you fighting this monster at the top of that tree.

(Y/n): um, ok. Why are you telling me this?

???: Your fighting style...it's sloppy.

(Y/n): WHAT?!

I went to punch him in the face, but he dodged it, grabbed me by wrist and flipped me over onto my back, putting his boot on my chest to keep me down. He smiled down at me.

???: Hm, you're a tenacious one, put your attacks are very predictable. If you want I could show you a few of my tricks.

(Y/n): and why would I want that?

???: You want to become stronger don't you? 

He let me up.

???: Follow me, I wanna show you something.

He began to walk into the forest before he stopped and turned back around.

???: By the way, the name's Nomad.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi (y/n) trying to pick fruit off a tree

After a while of walking we arrived at a small cabin. Nomad turned to my friends.

Nomad: you 3 stay out here. I need to speak with (y/n) I private.

Kyanna: uh, ok.

We both entered the cabin. I'm not gonna lie, it was a nice place. The bed seem comfy and the kitchen look to be in perfect shape.

Suddenly, Nomad slammed the door behind me.

Nomad: ok, what exactly are you and how did you get like this?!

I was surprised and confused.

(Y/n): what are you talking about.

Nomad: the horns and ears, how did you get them?!

I looked down as I remembered exactly how I got like this.

(Y/n): I...I'm a hybrid. When I was an infant I was forced to participate in a horrible experiment. They injected me with zinogre blood and I grew horns and a tail. They were trying to make me into a weapon. Ten years ago, I had enough and broke out of they facility I was being held in, but not before breaking out every other hybrid in the facility.

My ears drooped cause it pained me to even think about what I've been through.

Nomad: so there are more out there.

I looked up at him. He put his hand on my shoulder.

Nomad: listen, if you find anymore hybrids out the tell me. In the meantime, feel free to come back here for some training, ok?

I nodded.

Nomad: good, now go on home.

He opened the door and I watched as Kyanna, Cody, and Erma fell to the ground in front of us, trying to listen to our conversation.

Kyanna: um...this is awkward.