Chapter 18: Roaring Thunder

(Y/n)'s POV

My eyes fluttered open as I slowly regained consciousness. I sat up and groggily looked around. I was in some kind of prison cell with brick walls and steel bars. I stood up and walked to the edge of the cell, putting my hands on the bars.

(Y/n): hello, is anyone there?!

I began to hear footsteps making their way towards the cell I was being kept in. A finely dressed man stood before with a rather large smiled on his face.

???: Ha, you're finally awake. Perfect.

(Y/n): where the hell am I?

???: All of your questions will be answered in due time.

He placed his hand on his chest and bowed.

???: You may call me Maxwell.

(Y/n): I don't give a shit about your name! Where am I?!

Maxwell: ok ok, I bid you fondest welcome to base 13. A holding facility for the claws of dala.

My heart sunk into my stomach as I heard that name. I backed away from the bars, shaking in fear.

(Y/n): no...no no no!

I turned around and punched the wall in an attempted to break it down. However, it didn't even make a dent. Maxwell placed his hand on one of the bar of the cell.

Maxwell: that wall's really thick, even you can't break it.

I walked back over to him and rested my hand on another bar. I sent some electricity out of my hand.

Maxwell: AH!

The bar shocked his hand, causing him to stagger backwards in mild pain. He smiled at me again.

Maxwell: haha, looks like the wolf has claws.

(Y/n): WHY THE HELL DID YOU BRING ME HERE?!

Maxwell: calm yourself. We wouldn't want you getting riled up before the show.

My rage turned into confusion.

(Y/n): show?

Maxwell clicked his finger. 2 guards walked over to the cell and proceeded to place cuffs around my wrists and neck. We exited the cell and they escorted me down a long hallway.

Maxwell: now, this place may serve as a holding facility, but it also has a secondary purpose.

(Y/n): and that purpose is?

Maxwell: it also serves as a place of entertainment for members of the claws of dala. That's where you come in.

(Y/n): what kind of entertainment are we talking about here cause I'm not singing.

He laughed.

Maxwell: your a funny one, but you won't be doing any singing. No, this kind of entertainment is more...combat oriented.

(Y/n): so you want me to fight?

He nodded.

We arrived at a room. The guards removed the cuffs and pushed me inside. I turned and started bashing at the door, trying to escape. After a while of bashing at the door I stopped when I heard Maxwell's voice on the other side of the wall behind me.

Maxwell: LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE A SPECIAL TREAT FOR YOU TODAY! I KNOW OUR USUAL SHOW HAS GOTTEN BORING AND OLD, BUT TODAY WE HAVE SOMETHING THAT'LL HAVE YOU ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEATS, BEGGING FOR MORE!

I began to hear cheering on the other side of the wall. The wall suddenly opened up, leading out to a large, open arena.

Maxwell: PLEASE WELCOME THE THUNDER WOLF HYBRID!