Chapter 24: A Morale Boost

(Y/n)'s POV

It's been 2 days since we went to the Speartip Crag. After Pandora killed commander Shepard, the rest of the guild didn't take it too well.

I was currently in the forest, training with Nomad in hand to hand combat. I was about to land a punch to his jaw, but he grabbed me by the wrist, pinned me to the ground, and put me in an arm lock.

Nomad: you're still too sloppy.

He let me go and I stood back up.

(Y/n): would you give me a break, I'm not in the mood for this.

Nomad: yes, I know what you mean. Pandora always prefers to crush her opponent's spirit instead of their bones, and killing the commander did just that.

I sigh. I walked over to his cabin and grabbed my jacket off of the firewood pile.

(Y/n): I think I'm done with training for today. I'm going back into town.

Nomad: it's only a matter of time before Pandora attacks again. You need to get stronger so you can be ready for when it happens.

(Y/n): I know, I know. I...I just need to think.

I walked through the tree line and soon made it back to town. As I walked through the streets I ran into Cody and Erma.

Cody: hey (y/n).

(Y/n): hey guys. How's Kyanna doing?

Erma: loosing her dad really hit her hard. We haven't seen her since this morning.

(Y/n): do you have any idea where she might be?

Cody: she's probably at her "peacefully place" or at least that's what she calls it.

(Y/n): where is it?

Erma: no idea. It's a place she goes when she needs to relax or when she needs a nice long cry.

(Y/n): hm.

I began walking around town, trying to find a scent trail. after a few minutes I caught a whiff of something. I followed the trail and made my way into the forest again.

After a while of walking I began to hear sobbing coming from a rock near the edge of a cliff. I peeked behind it and saw Kyanna crying with her knees up to her chin and her back facing me. I came out from behind the rock.

(Y/n): Kyanna?

She looked up at me.

Kyanna: oh...hey (y/n). *Sniff* how'd you find me out here?

I pointed to my nose.

(Y/n): enhanced sense of smell, remember?

Kyanna: right.

I sat down next to her.

(Y/n): so this is your "peacefully place", huh?

Kyanna: yeah, it's my little secret spot. I always come here when I need to be alone. *Sniff* well, I guess it's not really a secret anymore.

(Y/n): so...how are you feeling?

She looked down and I saw tears streaming down her face.

Kyanna: *sob* I don't know what to do.

She suddenly wrapped her arms around me and began crying even harder.

Kyanna: after my dad died everyone's been looking to me to plan our next move, but I'm just some dumb kid! How can I make a plan of attack when I can't even get my aim right?!