Chapter 17: Tornado Of Terror

(Y/n)'s POV

I woke up in my hammock like every other morning. I yawned and rubbed my eyes. I looked around the room. Usually everyone else was up by now. I got up and started looking around the house. I was the only one home. I thought nothing of it and just assumed they went out or something.

I got dressed and walked outside. As I walked down the street, I saw something in the distance. A crowd of people and guards gathered around a single house. My curiosity got the better of me and I decided to check it out.

As I pushed my way through the crowd I managed to find Kyanna at the front.

(Y/n): Kyanna, what's going on?

Kyanna turned to me, showing the worried look on her face.

Kyanna: (Y/N), SHE'S GONE! SHE'S GONE!

(Y/n): what, who's gone?

Kyanna: Evelyn, Cody's baby sister!

After hearing that I understood her concern. I walked inside and saw Cody and Erma trying to comfort a woman who I had to assume was Cody's mother.

(Y/n): Cody.

He looked at me with the same expression Kyanna had.

(Y/n): what happened?

He walked up to me.

Cody: someone snuck in through the window in the nursery and kidnapped Evelyn!

(Y/n): show me the nursery.

Cody them led me upstairs and into the nursery. Inside was a few baby toys and an empty crib. On the wall was a fully open window. I sniffed the air and caught a whiff of something.

I marched downstairs and gestured for the rest of our team to follow me.

Erma: where are we going?

(Y/n): we're going after Evelyn.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Erma loading ammo into her bowgun

We walked through the forest as I followed the scent. Cody walked beside him, still with that worried look on his face. I sighed.

(Y/n): don't worry, man. We're gonna find your sister and get her home safe.

His expression stayed the same. We continued making our way through the forest until the scent trail ended at a REALLY big tree.

(Y/n): The trail stops here.

Kestin: so what, is she inside that big ass tree or something?

I looked around and noticed a large hole cut into the tree.

(Y/n): yep.

I walked over to the hole in the tree.

(Y/n): it's hollow.

The rest of the team followed me through the opening in the tree. We got to the end of the tunnel and arrived at the center of the tree. In the middle was a big nest and in the middle of that was a baby wrapped in a white blanket. We ran down towards the nest and Cody pick up his baby sister, holding her close to his chest.

Cody: it's ok, big brother's here now.

I knelt down and ran my hand over the surface of the nest.

(Y/n): it's still warm. We gotta move.

As soon as I said that, I began to hear growling from behind me. I slowly turned my head and saw the sight of shiny, silver scales and a bronze nose. My hand traced over the scar on my arm as I remembered my first encounter with this monster many years ago. A kushala daora.

It crawled out of it's hiding spot and slowly made it's way towards me.

(Y/n): guys, take Evelyn and get out of here.

Kyanna: we're not leaving you!

(Y/n): NOW!

After I yelled at them, they all reluctantly retreated back through the tunnel we entered from. I turned back to the elder dragon in front of me.

(Y/n): ok, you wind blowing motherfucker...

I quickly grabbed my dual blades off of my back and took a fighting stance.

(Y/n): LET'S DANCE!

The dragon roared before charging at me. It snapped at me with jaws, but I managed to roll out of the way of it's attack. I tried slashing at it's back legs, but my blades just bounced off of it's steel like scales. It wacked me with it's tail, which resulted in my accidentally dropping my blades.

It blasted a gust of wind at me, knocking me down onto my back. I tried to get to my feet, but before I could I was pinned down by the kushala daora's claws. It menacingly bared it's teeth as saliva dripped from it's mouth.

I had to think fast. I placed my bare hands on the dragon's arm and concentrated a bunch electricity in to my palms. The monster roared in pain and staggered backwards. It then looked at me, rage burning in it's eyes.

It's flew up into the air and began flying circles around me, trapping me inside of a massive tornado. The kushala daora landed a few yards away from me. It had me cornered.

If I didn't think of something fast I'd definitely die. I inhaled as much air as I could and howled. Thousands upon thousands of thunderbugs filled the tornado. A massive electrical surge caused the dragon to stagger again. I kept howling until a massive ball of electricity was above me and the monster. When enough electricity had been charged up, the kushala daora was struck with the biggest lightning bolt I had ever made. It roared before falling over, dead.

The massive tornado disappeared. I stood there looking at the dragon's corpse. I smiled as I was panting from exhaustion.

(Y/n): I...I did it. I finally killed it.

I was about to leave and meet with to go find the others, but I stopped when I felt a sharp pain in the back of my neck. I reach behind me to find out what it was and plucked something out of my neck. I looked at whatever it was and was stunned. A tranq dart.

I fell forward as I began to loose consciousness. Before I was out cold, 2 figures approach me. 1 knelt down in front of my face and spoke.

???: The mistress will be pleased at our work.