Chapter 23: The Mountain Eraser

(Y/n)'s POV

Me, Kyanna, Cody, Erma, Kestin, Nara, Finn, Rex, and Aiko have been walking through the forest for a few hours now. We snuck out of town so the commander wouldn't catch us. Our journey to the Speartip Crag was a long one, I didn't even know how far from town we were now.

Kyanna's attitude had completely changed after she learned the truth about her mom's death. She was acting like going to the Speartip Crag against her dad's demands would be payback for him keeping it a secret for all those years.

As we approached the Speartip Crag Nara spoke.

Nara: so do we even have a plan?

Rex: we don't need one. We just gotta go in there and start tearing shit up. Simple.

Cody: that your plan for everything.

Rex: well Finn might be the only one who CAN'T do that.

Finn: Rex, I am going to break off both of your legs and then LITERALLY KICK WHAT'S LEFT OF YOUR ASS WITH THEM!

Kyanna: ZIP IT!

Rex and Finn immediately went silent at the sound of Kyanna's new, commanding tone.

Kyanna: we're here.

We all looked up in amazement as a massive hollow mountain stood before us.

Nara: ok, so what actually IS the plan?

Kyanna: like Rex said "just gotta go in there and start tearing shit up."

I saw Rex fist pump.

Kyanna examined the side of the mountain and noticed several entry ways. She turned to us.

Kyanna: alright, if this is gonna work, we'll have to use the element of surprise.

She pointed to each of the tunnels.

Kyanna: everyone split up into teams and pick a tunnel. Once inside, stay put until you hear the signal.

Kyanna then put 2 fingers of on either side of hear mouth and let out a loud whistle, indicating that was the signal.

Kyanna: everyone got that?

We all nodded.

Kyanna: good, now get to it.

Everybody split into teams and went through the tunnels. I went with Nara through one of the tunnels. As we made our way through the cave we started speaking.

Nara: Kyanna's acting really different than usual.

(Y/n): yeah, I'm kinda worried about her.

Nara: I mean I can see why.

(Y/n): what do you mean?

She scratched the back her head. She sighed.

Nara: I know this might not be the most...appropriate time, but I think I should ask.

(Y/n): uh, where's this going?

Nara: you like Kyanna, don't you?

My eyes widened as I just stared at her.

(Y/n): you're right, this isn't an appropriate time!

Nara: answer the question.

I looked down and sighed.

(Y/n): yeah...I do.

Nara: alright, well I was talking to her a few weeks ago, and she'd probably never forgive me if I told you this, but...she said she felt the same about you.