Chapter 22: Planning A Siege

(Y/n)'s POV

Shepard: a deviljho, a rathalos, and a stygian zinogre. Why were those hybrids here?

Me and the rest of the team were currently in the infirmary. Nomad decided to help with fixing the town, so he didn't stick around long. After those hybrids attacked we were pretty banged up. Rex was being treated for poisoning, Finn was being bandaged up to cover a gash on his leg, and I was being treated for burn sounds inflicted by that stygian zinogre hybrid's red lightning.

(Y/n): all I know is that the stygian zinogre hybrid wanted me dead.

Kyanna: why you?

(Y/n): she said that I betrayed the 3 of them and left them behind while me and the others escaped.

Cody: what does that even mean?

(Y/n): 10 years ago when all the hybrids escaped from that facility we must've left a few behind.

Shepard: I sent a few researchers to checkout that facility, but they said that it was completely abandoned.

Kestin: well, if the place is abandoned where are the claws of dala held up?

I sat up in my bed and put my hand on my chin. I began think.

(Y/n): Erma...

She turned to me.

Erma: yeah?

(Y/n): can you bring me a book on elder dragons?

Erma left the room to go and retrieve the book I requested.

Nara: why do you need a book on elder dragons?

(Y/n): I just have a bit of a theory.

Erma returned and handed me the book. I opened it and began flipping through pages.

(Y/n): Ceadeus, no. Kirin, no. Amatsu, no.

Kyanna: what are you looking for?

I didn't respond and just kept flipping through pages. I stopped when I found the page I was looking for and my eyes widened.

(Y/n): dalamadur.

Me and the other hybrids shivered upon hearing that name.

Erma: what makes that monster so special?

(Y/n): the claws of dala worship dalamadur as some sort of god.

Kestin: so they're just a bunch of cultists?

(Y/n): pretty much.

Cody: ok, I get that the claws of dala have some connection with dalamadur, but how does that help us find their main base?

(Y/n): well, cultists tend to follow their god.

I began skimming the pages until my eyes landed on what I was looking for. I pointed at the particular line.

(Y/n): dalamadur has been seen inhabiting the Speartip Crag in the Heaven's Mount.

Nara: so you think that's their home base?

(Y/n): it's a working theory, but we won't know for sure until we go to the Speartip Crag and find out.

Shepard: not gonna happen.

We all turned to the commander.

Kyanna: what?!

Shepard: nobody is going to the Speartip Crag for any reason.

(Y/n): but sir!

Nara: why?!

Shepard: it's too dangerous, and I'm not letting anyone go up there.

Kyanna: dad, if we don't the claws of dala are gonna keep coming back and causing trouble!

Shepard: this conversation is over. No one is going to the Speartip Crag and that's final.

I could tell he was getting more agitated by the second. However, Kyanna kept poking the azuros.

Kyanna: WHY CAN'T WE GO THE SPEARTIP CRAG TO STOP THOSE MONSTERS?! WHAT ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF?!

Shepard: CAUSE I DON'T WANT YOU TO END UP LIKE YOUR MOTHER!

The room fell silent and Kyanna's eyes were as wide as saucers.

Kyanna: what?

The commander looked down.

Shepard: your...your mom wasn't sick when she died. A few months after you were born she was sent on a mission with a few other hunters to the Speartip Crag. Little did they know that it would be too much for them. The survivors said she had fought as best she could, but in the end she never came out alive.

He walked to the door and just stood in the doorway.

Shepard: you're not going up to the Speartip Crag for any reason, do I make myself clear?

We all said yes, but Kyanna just stayed silent. The commander walked out of the room and closed the door behind him. We all turned to Kyanna, who had her head down and fists clenched. I could see her teeth grinding together.

She walked over to the wall and began repeatedly punching it out of anger. Nara spoke.

Nara: so what now? The commander said we can't head to their main base.

Kyanna: who cares what the commander says?

We all looked at her, confused.

Kyanna: the commander can't boss us around like children. We don't have to listen to him. What's he gonna do, put us in time out?

We all jumped at Kyanna's suddenly change in attitude.

Kyanna: we're going to the Speartip Crag and nobody can stop us.

I did want to take the claws of dala down for good, but if I disobeyed the commander I could be kicked out of the hunter's guild all together. I mentioned this to Kyanna, but my statement didn't deter her.

Kyanna: I don't care, he's not the boss of me anymore.

Kyanna's usually innocent and bubbly personality was gone. Suddenly, Rex woke up.

Rex: I LIIIIIIIVE!

He just looked around at all of us.

Rex: what'd I miss?

Finn: we're heading to the claws of dala's home base.

Rex: FUCK YEAH, LET'S GET EM!

Kyanna: everybody get your stuff together. We're going on a siege quest...tonight.