Chapter 12: Nargacuga's Out Of The Cage

(Y/n)'s POV

I was in the house with everyone else. After going up against that nargacuga hybrid, we were lucky to make it out with our lives. When we got back to town, the commander ordered for her to be locked up. I objected to that decision, but his authority was greater than mine.

I was sitting on the couch while Kyanna was wrapping bandages around my arm. Meanwhile I was still thinking about the hybrid. When Kyanna, Cody, and Erma brought me here I wasn't locked in a cage.

Kyanna: you ok, (y/n)?

My head perked up.

(Y/n): y-yeah.

Kyanna: still thinking about that hybrid, huh?

I hesitantly nodded.

(Y/n): it's not fair, when I got here you guys welcomed me with open arms, I wasn't locked up like some animal.

Kyanna: well, the only reason that didn't happen to you when you got here was because of me.

(Y/n): she's the first hybrid I've met in years. I just want to talk to her.

Kyanna: why don't you?

(Y/n): seriously?! There's no way those guards are just gonna let me waltz in there and talk to someone who they see as a threat.

Kyanna: well what if I tagged along?

I thought for a bit.

(Y/n): ok, even if that DOES work, what am I gonna say to talk her down? She probably can't even talk.

Kyanna stood up from the couch and gave me her hand. She then spoke with her ever optimistic attitude.

Kyanna: we won't know until we find out.

I just smiled and took her hand.

She turned to Cody and Erma, who were in the kitchen.

Kyanna: we're going out for a bit.

Cody: where ya going?

Kyanna: no where important.

To avoid any further questions, Kyanna pulled me out the door and into the streets of town. We made our way to the holding cell, which were mainly use to hold monsters captured for research. In front of the building 2 guards stood by the door. We walked up to them.

Guard 1: sorry, kid, if your looking to meet with that hybrid, you can forget it. The commander told us not to let anyone in, no matter what.

Kyanna: well, the commander gave us permission to go inside and speak with the hybrid.

Guard 2: yeah, he also told us not to believe you if you said that.

Kyanna then sighed and turned to one of the guards while pointing at the other.

Kyanna: he's dating your sister.

Guard 2: WHAT?!

The first guard put his hands up in defense, but the other started chasing him. We then entered the now unguarded building.

(Y/n): how'd you know about that?

Kyanna: I didn't, I just made a lucky guess.

We made our way through the rows of cages until we found her, the hybrid. When we approach her cell she noticed us and let out a low growl.

Kyanna: it's ok we're not here to hurt you.

This seemed to calm her down a bit. She sat down at looked at us through the bars of the cell. I sat down opposite of her and Kyanna took a seat on a nearby crate.

We made eye contact with each and she stayed silent. I didn't know what to say, so I just showed her the tattoo on my wrist. She looked at it and her eyes widened. She looked at her own wrist before showing it to me. H-63. I smiled.

(Y/n): so we really did come from the same place.

I turned to Kyanna and saw her sending a grin my way.

???: Yeah, it sure looks like it.

Me and Kyanna immediately turned our heads to look at the hybrid.

(Y/n): did you just-

H-63: yeah, I can talk.

Kyanna: but how do you KNOW how to talk?

H-63: I used to watch hunter's from tree and listen to what they were saying. After doing that for a few years, I eventually learned how to speaking.

(Y/n): ok then.

Then a thought came to mind.

(Y/n): um, after you escaped that facility, where'd you go?

She looked down.

H-63: when I ran into the forest I found a nargacuga that took me in as her cub. A few years later she got into a fight with a rathian to protect me. she won, but got badly badly poisoned in the process. She died right in front of me and I was all alone.

She turned her back to me.

(Y/n): I'm really sorry to here that. I was taken in by a pack of zinogres, but your story is must more worse than mine. She looked up at the barred window on the wall.

H-63: sometimes I look up into the sky and wonder if she can see me. I miss her everyday and every night.

She sighed and began...singing?

(A/n) I recommend listening to this song the whole way through)

After she finished her song she turned back around to look at me.

(Y/n): look I'm sorry for what happened to your mother, but if you want...

I reached through the bars and presented my hand to her.

(Y/n): you could be a part of our family.

She just looked at my hand and hesitantly took it,

Kyanna: there's just one problem.

We turned to her.

Kyanna: how are we gonna get her out of her.

(Y/n): don't worry about that.

I stood up, walked over to the door to the cell, and promptly ripped it off it's hinges. H-63 walked out of the cell. Much like my first time walking on 2 feet she was  stumbling and tripping the while way out of the building. Where we saw the guards still running around, not noticing us at all.

Kyanna then thought of something.

Kyanna: hm, you need a name.

H-63: um, ok.

Kyanna then thought for a moment before finally making a decision on what to call her.

Kyanna: how about Nara?

H-63 smiled at her.

Nara: I like that name.

(A/n) thank you to Raging__Wolf for the name suggestion)