Chapter 7: The King Of The Skies

(A/n) hey guys. Before I get to the winning weapon, I need your help with something. As you know I took a break last week to play Iceborne. I finished the main story, but I'm having trouble raising my master rank. If you could give me some advice I'd really appreciate it. Anyway, the winner of the vote I posted is...Dual Blades. Thanks for your votes, now onto the story.

Kyanna's POV

I was sitting on the couch reading. (Y/n) was sitting in his hammock eating his lunch. After his fight with Kestin, he's gained quite a reputation despite being here for only 3 days.

There was a sudden knock at the door. I got up, opened the door, and saw my dad standing on the other side.

Kyanna: hey dad, what's up?

Shepard: nothing much. How's our newest hunter doing?

Kyanna: he's fine.

I let him inside and he saw (y/n) sitting in his hammock. He turned to me.

Shepard: can he speak?

(Y/n): what do you think?

Shepard: I guess that's a yes. So does he have a weapon yet?

Kyanna: na, he usually uses his claws and his lightning powers when he fights.

Shepard: yeah, I saw that when he was fighting Kestin. If he's gonna be fighting monsters he'll need a weapon. Take him to the smithy later and get him one.

Kyanna: got it.

Shepard: now I gotta go, I have another meeting. Love you.

I smiled as he left.

(Y/n) spoke with his mouth full of steak.

(Y/n): so what kind of weapon should I get?

Kyanna: you can decide when we get to the smithy.

After an hour we made our way to the smithy.

(Y/n)'s POV

Me and Kyanna entered the workshop to get me a weapon. I looked around and saw a large variety of weapons. Swords, hammers, bows.

I looked in the corner of the large room and saw a woman with short black hair laughing with a guy with pink hair about how his weapon looks like a head on a stick.

Anyway, as we entered, we saw Cody and Erma talking with the smithy.

Kyanna: hey guys!

They turned to us.

Erma: hey Kyanna.

Cody: what're you guys doing here.

Kyanna: my dad said we should get (y/n) a weapon.

Erma: seriously?

(Y/n): he said I need one to be a hunter.

The smithy chimmed in.

Smithy: so which one would you like?

He handed me and list of weapon types. I took it and looked over it.

(Y/n): hm, how about dual blades.

Smithy: ok, any preferences.

(Y/n): um, what're the best ones you got?

Smithy: hm, how about these?

He walked into the back room and soon came back with 2 shiny blades. He set them down on the counter.

 He set them down on the counter

(Y/n): woah!

Smithy: nice, aren't they? They're some of my best work.

(Y/n): I'LL TAKE EM!

I went to pick them up, but the smithy grabbed and put them behind him.

Smithy: not so fast. These Dual Blades may be nice, but they aren't cheap.

Kyanna: ok, how much are they?

Smithy: no, I don't want your zenny. I want a favor.

Cody: what kind of favor.

Smithy: *sigh* at the top of the tallest tree in the forest a rathalos has made it's nest. It's been a problem because it's gotten into a habit of eating livestock from farms. If you kill it I'll give you these blades.

(Y/n): deal.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi (y/n) eating everything in the canteen.

Kyanna's POV

We were walking the forest towards toward the massive tree in the distance. (Y/n) was walking on all fours, sniffing the ground.

Suddenly, his ears perked up as we heard a loud roar from far away. We all looked towards the large tree and saw a pair of red wings flying towards the top.

Without a second thought, (y/n) immediately sprinted off.

Kyanna: (Y/N), WAIT!

Cody: crap, let's go after him

We ran for what felt like an hour before we got to the tree and began climbing.

Erma: how did he get up there so fast.

Cody: well, he's got the claws.

After half an hour we got to the top and saw (y/n) with his teeth sunk into the rathalos' tail as it was swinging it around frantically trying to shack him off. The rathalos slammed it's tail into a wall and managed to knock him off. It charged at (y/n) with it's mouth wide open.

(Y/n) grabbed both parts of it's mouth just as it was about bite him. He kept it's mouth open before the back of it's throat began to glow orange. The rathalos shot out a fireball, but (y/n) dodged it by climbing on top of the rathalos' head.

He slashed at it's eyes with his claws and it roared in pain and rage. (Y/n) covered the ear on top of his head. The rathalos spread it's wing and flew off.

(Y/n): oh no you don't!

He ran to the edge of the tree and  leaped onto the rathalos' back. He sunk his teeth into it's wing and we watched as the both plummeted to the ground. There was loud crash and then a howl of victory.

We climbed down and saw (y/n) standing next to the rathalos corpse.

(Y/n): the king of the skies is no more.

Kyanna: nice job.

(Y/n) picked up one of it's scales.

(Y/n): this should be enough proof that I killed it.

We were about the walk away until we heard growling coming from the thought to be dead rathalos. It got back on its feet and began blasting fireball after fireball at us. (Y/n) was about to attack it when something fell from the trees, planting a sword in the rathalos' head, killing it instantly.

We all looked on in shock as a man wearing a long black cloak, with the hood up to cover his face, took the sword out of it's head and put it on his back. He turned to us.

Cody: NO WAY!

Kyanna: IT CAN'T BE!

There before us stood the strongest hunter in the guild. The Elder Slayer.