Chapter 14: One Punch Brach

(Y/n)'s POV

Kyanna: haha, they're so cute!

Me and Kyanna were paying my pack a little visit. After they met Kyanna and the others, they were much more comfortable having them around. Apparently while I was gone 1 of my siblings had puppies.

Kyanna had 1 of the pups on her chest as it licked her face. I chuckled as I laid against my mother. She lightly licked my cheek causing me to laugh.

I just watched Kyanna playing with the pups. At this point she was surrounded by balls of fur just barking and howling. She turned to me.

Kyanna: ha, I guess this makes you an uncle.

I just chuckled. My ears perked up when I heard something enter the clearing. I turned and saw Nara, Kestin, Cody, and Erma. My mother snarled. She may have been completely comfortable with Kyanna, but she was still cautious of the rest of our team. I gently petted her to show that everything was ok and walked towards them.

(Y/n): what's up, guy?

Kestin: the commander gave us another assignment. He told us to get on it immediately.

Kyanna: aw man.

She pet the puppy in her lap before standing up and grabbing her bow off the ground.

(Y/n): what's the assignment.

Cody: an agnaktor's been sighted a little too close to a village, so we gotta find it and kill it.

Kyanna: sounds simple enough. Let's get going.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi (y/n) sweating bullets in the volcanic region

(Y/n): IT'S SO HOT!

Kestin handed me a cool drink and I immediately chugged it. We continued walking through the molten volcanic region.

Nara: seriously, even with a cool drink, I'm still sweating like a bulldrome.

Cody: the sooner we kill this agnaktor the sooner we can go home.

As we walked further into the region, we heard what sounded like a massive explosion, which shook the ground beneath us, followed by a loud roar. We all looked at each other before running off to see what it was.

We arrived in a large, open area, and in the middle of it all was a very dead agnaktor.

Kyanna walked up to the monster's corpse and began running her hands over it's scales.

Nara: looks like someone beat us to it.

She kept examining the corpse before she noticed scorch marks littering it's body.

Kyanna: what happened to it?

I looked around and noticed blast craters all over the place. Along with that...human footprints.

(Y/n): Nara, come look at this.

She walked over to me and we crouch down looking at one of the footprints. They looked to be the size of a child's.

(Y/n): these prints are from a human.

Kestin: well, maybe a hunter got caught in a turf war between a brachydios and this agnaktor.

(Y/n): well that's just it, there aren't any brachydios tracks around here.

Nara brought her hand to her chin and thought for a moment. She then looked at me, shocked.

Nara: you don't think...

(Y/n): yeah, it's gotta be another hybrid.

Erma: well, what do we do now?

(Y/n): find it and bring it home.

I stood up and sniffed the air. I manage to catch a whiff of sulfur.

(Y/n): follow me.

I then got on all fours and began tracking down the hybrid with my team behind me.

We enter a large tunnel and noticed similar blast marks on the wall.

Kestin: was it chasing something.

Nara: looks like it.

Suddenly, we began hear pained roars along with yelling further into the region. We ran towards it, peeked our head around a corner...and there he was.

He looked to be about Erma's height with white hair and lime green eyes. Then we saw he opponent. A gravios. From where we were standing the monster looked to have one foot in the grave. There were rather large cracks in it's rocky exterior. Piece of it's armor had been broken off, reviling the soft flesh underneath it.

The hybrid wacked the gravios in the face with his clubbed tail, causing it to stagger backwards. He leaped onto it's back, running his slime covered hands along it's armor. When he got to it's tail, he jumped off of it and turned back towards it.

The gravios began charging up an attack, but before it could unleash it, the slime on it's back began turning yellow, then orange, then red, and then...BOOM! The smile on it's back exploded, causing the gravios to fall over, dead.

The hybrid stood next to it's prey. Despite his size, this kid looked tough. Our best bet was to try and resolve this peacefully. I walked out from behind the corner. To get his attention, I lightly snapped my fingers. Upon hearing it, he quickly turned to me and snarled. I took my blades off of my back and proceeded to drop them on the ground, the clatter of metal echoed through the region. I raised my hands in and effort to try and make peace.

(Y/n): were not here to fight.

His eyes then shifted to my friends behind me. I turned my head.

(Y/n): *whispers* guys, drop your weapons.

Cody: what?

(Y/n): *whispers* drop your damn weapons!

They all did what I said and dropped their weapon to the floor. It turned back to the hybrid and made eye contact with him. He was about 2 feet away from me. I knelt down to his level.

His eyes then shifted from my face to the top of my head. His eye widened when he saw my horns and ears. We made eye contact again before I extended my arm, exposing my wrist and my number. He looked at it in surprise. I tapped on my wrist.

(Y/n): do you have one?

He tilted his head to the right, reviling a tattoo on his neck. K-94.

I extended my hand to him.

(Y/n): do you wanna come with us?

He hesitantly stepped back, he looked almost...scared. given the fact that he just killed a gravios, that's was kinda surprising. Nara appeared next to me. She placed a hand on his shoulder.

Nara: it's ok, we know what you've been through. We're not gonna hurt you. If you come with us you'll have fresh food and a nice, soft bed to lay in.

His lips moved, almost like he was trying to say something.

K-94: o-ok.

After proving that we meant him no harm, he allowed us to take him back to town. There we introduced him to the commander and got him approved to join the hunter's guild. Now our team has 3 hybrid in it.