2

CHAPTER 2

-Blake-

My night was spent tossing and turning due to the nightmares that had plagued me since I was young. It was always the same thing every night, over and over.

Brutus, the neighbors Labrador retriever jolted me awake with his barking. I glance at the clock on my nightstand to see that it wasn't even three in the morning yet.

I throw my pillow across the room and groan into my hands before throwing the duvet off of me and dragging myself out of bed.

I absentmindedly scratch my stomach as I make my way towards the kitchen to grab a glass of water. A yawn escapes my lips before I bring the glass to my mouth and down the cold water.

Brutus starts barking again so I finally decide to head outside. Sliding open the door to my back patio, I step out in to the cool September air and instantly hear rustling from a nearby tree.

"Brutus its just a squirrel!" I shout to the eighty pound lap dog.

He continues to bark as I roll my eyes and turn on my heel to walk back inside. Just as the door is almost fully shut I hear a low squeal come from the tree.

That definitely wasn't a squirrel.

Prep comes in to view with leaves stuck in her now loose red ponytail. Her makeup was smeared and her green eyes widen when she sees me staring at her.

"Hi Blake" she says in a flirty tone that she accompanied with a small wave.

"Prep? What the hell are you doing here?"

She chuckles awkwardly and grips the branch in front of her like her life depended on it. It wasn't even that far off the ground.

"I just wanted to stop by and see if you needed some company."

"And how did you get my address?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"I stole it off Monty's phone when he fell asleep. He keeps all his friends addresses in his notes"

Remind me to kill him.

"Listen prep I don't know why you're here or what you want but I'm really tired and I need to sleep"

"I-i just thought since you're single we could you know... hook up?"

"Aren't you dating Monty?"

She scoffs and rolls her eyes.

"Monty doesn't do relationships, he made that perfectly clear tonight."

"And what makes you think I do?" I ask her, crossing my arms over my chest.

She shrugs her shoulders.

"I don't know, you seem like a decent guy. Monty sleeps with anything with a vagina and Wyatt is, well Wyatt"

"I'm not quite sure what that means, but okay"

"Listen Blake I know this is a little weird-"

"It's not a little weird, it's really fucking creepy. It's not even three a.m. and you're sneaking around my house."

"But-"

"I'm going to be honest with you prep, you aren't my type, and even if you were you are so desperate that it's such a turn off. So why don't you go home and let me go back to sleep."

"Blake-"

"Fuck off"

"B-"

"I said fuck off!" I snap

Prep flinches slightly before she speaks again.

"You're a dick"

"Never said I wasn't" I respond before shutting the sliding door behind me.

I rub my temples with my fingers as I make my way down the hall and back to my bedroom.

What a night.

Why did she think that was okay. Even if I was interested rule number one of guy code is that you don't screw around with an ex or a girlfriend. I sure as hell am not going to be the one to break guy code.

I knew I wasn't going to get to sleep any time soon so I decided to grab my phone and scroll through Instagram. All I saw on my timeline was pictures of Wyatt's party and a few drunken posts from Monty. Nothing new.

Just as I'm about to log off the beautiful brunette pops in to my head. With a few taps I quickly find her page, it's easy when I'm connected to almost everyone in the school.

I quickly learn that she is the lead editor and photographer of the school newspaper, I shouldn't be surprised. It suits her.

Before I can stop myself I hit the follow request button. Almost instantly she accepts my request and I go to her page and start liking all of her pictures and adding heart eye emojis to her selfies, she didn't have many, but she had a few.

New message from VanxxBloome:

Stop blowing up my phone..... I'm trying to sleep.

A smile makes its way onto my face as I type out my response.

OfficialBlakeWillis: there's no need to lie. I know you were thinking about me 😉

VanxxBloome: HA! You wish! Not everyone is in love with you Mr. Willis

OfficialBlakeWillis: you're right. Only you are in love with me 😘 (ps I love it when you call me mister)

VanxxBloome: are you always this much of a flirt Blakey?

OfficialBlakeWillis: Blakey? Is that my new nickname?

And yes.

Yes I am.

But only if the girl is REALLY special.

VanxxBloome: Smooth....

OfficialBlakeWillis: thank you thank you... I try.

VanxxBloome: hmmmm maybe you should try something new Blakey.

OfficialBlakeWillis: oh yeah? Like what?

VanxxBloome: show up to school Monday in a neon tutu, that'll really make a girl feel special.

OfficialBlakeWillis: if I do will you agree to go on a date with me?

My heart thundered against my rib cage as I awaited her response. Was I moving to fast with this? I mean I hardly know her, I've only met her once.

VanxxBloome: I guess you'll have to ask me on Monday.... 😏😉

OfficialBlakeWillis: I see how it is. Fine you're on. I'll see you on Monday bright and early, I'll be the 6'1 dude in the bright pink tutu.

VanxxBloome: it's a deal... I'll see you Monday.

OfficialBlakeWillis: Goodnight Van.

VanxxBloome: Goodnight Blakey.

I reread our conversation and another huge smile makes its way onto my face, my cheeks were beginning to hurt due to how big I was grinning.

I didn't know what was going to happen between us, I could only hope it was something amazing. Something like in the movies, a happily ever after.

Her big brown eyes were glued to my brain and I couldn't help but imagine a smile curving up her pink plump lips at something I had said. I wanted to see her smile again, I loved it.

The sun had started to filter in through my curtains and only then did I notice that I had talked to Van for almost three hours. I had felt so relaxed talking to her that I let my eyelids finally get heavy before they gently closed, and only one thing was on my mind.

Where the hell can I get a pink fucking tutu?