19

CHAPTER 19

**Trigger Warning ⚠️ Description of Rape.⚠️

-VANESSA-

My stomach flopped as the realization dawned on me. I did want to kiss Blake, and I have for awhile. He obviously felt the same way, but what was stopping me.

Images of Monty, my dad, and Tristen, flashed through my head, but they quickly faded when Blake grabbed placed a gentle hand on my cheek.

"Last time we were here, in this spot, I asked if I could kiss you. We were unfortunately interrupted, so if you're okay with it... I would really like a redo" he states in a low voice as his thumb brushes my cheekbone.

"Blake, I-"

"Just tell me yes or no"

My stomach fluttered.

I couldn't speak, I couldn't breath, I couldn't think.

This cannot be happening. Is this real?

I slowly nod my head and lean closer to him.

"Please. Kiss me" I all but beg as the air around us grew thick and heavy.

I noticed the way his eyes widened slightly, and the smirk that overturned his lips before he moves his hand the the back of my neck.

Our bodies were drawn to each other in a way I didn't know was possible, and the feeling of his breath of my lips made it all the more real.

I didn't want to wait anymore.

I closed the remaining distance between us, and melted when his lips molded to mine. My hands found their way to the base of his neck and trailed into his hair as the kiss deepens.

He tried to pull me closer but instead pulls away with a wince, as his hand flies to his bullet wound.

"I-I'm sorry, I- are you ok?" I ask trying to catch my breath.

He grabs my hands before I can pull them away and places them behind his neck again, as his own hands go to my waist.

"I'm fine, I just had a sharp pain, but it's gone now"

He pulls me closer, and I make it easier for him by scooting my body as close as possible.

My lips tingled as I glance towards his swollen lips and all the feelings I had rush back into me as he rests his forehead against mine.

I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face. I knew I wasn't the only one that wanted to do that again.

"We should probably finish the board and go back before it rains" I state with a slight chuckle.

"Damn the board" he says gruffly before his lips are on mine again.

I indulged in the kiss and the way his solid body felt against mine. His muscles tightened and strained as his hands encircled my waist, drawing me even closer to him.

All the thoughts I had of what kissing Blake Willis would be like were tossed out the window. This was the real thing. And it was so much better.

I could still taste the strawberry and champagne on his lips, and when he slipped his tongue in my mouth, electricity sparked through my whole body.

It felt amazing to be touched like this by someone who I trusted, someone who wasn't going to hurt me.

When we finally pull away for air his hand slides to his wound again, and as he dealt with his pain. I had my own creep back into my brain.