4

CHAPTER 4

-Blake-

When I finally manage to get home it was already past three.

"Peggy!" I shout from the front door as I enter my living room.

"Yes Blake?" Our maid Peggy says coming around the corner drying her hands with a towel.

"Do you know if we have any more of those frozen pizzas from the party last week?"

"I'm not sure Blake. I can run to the store to grab some if you'd like?"

"No it's fine, why don't you take the rest of the weekend off, you've been working hard"

A smile makes its way onto her wrinkled face.

"Are you sure?"

I nod my head as I plop down on the couch.

"I know your grandkids miss you, I'll make sure you still get paid"

"Thank you Blake"

I smile at her and turn on the tv to the highlights from the weekends games.

"Looks like 58 is out on a broken kneecap. Ouch. Now the team has to play catch up without their quarterback"

"Blake? Honey are you home?" Sandy shouts from the front door.

"In the living room!" I reply.

Shortly after I hear keys jiggling and heels clapping against the marble flooring.

"How was your day honey?" She asks as she takes a seat on the chair opposite of me and removes her heels.

I don't know how she can walk around in those all day. They look really uncomfortable.

"It was fine" I grumble

I hear her sigh before she slouches back against the chair.

"Well I sold the Henshaw property"

Great more money for my dad to invest in his stupid fucking business.

"That's great Sandy" I tell her as I paste a fake smile on my face.

There's a reason she's the most sought after real estate agent this side of the Hudson. She knows her shit.

"How's Georgia?

"Shit just like she was when dad bought her."

I knew she could sense the irritation in my voice. She lets out a huff of breath and I glance at her, she looked wore out and exhausted. For someone who is usually so put together it was weird seeing her like this.

"Honey I know you and your father have a rocky relationship, but try to cut him some slack. He's very busy and he is really trying hard to provide for us."

"He needs to learn to provide without being such a fucking dick all the time. He doesn't even care that I'm trying to get into Yale. He stopped caring once he got the damn deal."

Sympathy overtook her features as she looked at me.

"It's hard I know. And I know that I could never replace your mom, nor would I ever want too. I know he misses her and that's why he works all the time, but he promised once this new deal goes through with the board in Chicago, he'd be home more."

I scoff and roll my eyes. "Yeah I'll believe that when I see it. He doesn't care Sandy. He wasn't there when I got my first touchdown, he wasn't there when I was in the hospital after my injury. He doesn't fucking care."