Chapter 18

Rachelle's p.o.v

I sat with my wonderlandian friend at a table at Madeline Hatter's haberdashery and tea shoppe.  Turns out, Jocie's mother Madeline, Maddie for short, had taken over the tea shop from her father and they had it renamed.  It made me think that Jocie Hatter's haberdashery and tea shoppe or Mars Hatter's haberdashery and tea shoppe didn't seem quite as catchy.  Kyle, who I'd been dating for a little while now, had gotten a job in the kitchens.  He complained about it last week because they made him put on a hair net because they didn't want cat hair to get into the food.  He could've chosen a better paying job, like a clerk at Ashlynn Ella's shoe empire, but he loved the tea shoppe so much, even if it cost him valuable pranking time.

"So what did you want to talk about?" Jocie asked cheerfully, sketching a mouse vs crocodile wrestling match.  I placed my finger on her piece of paper, and my eyes began to glow a silvery blue.  Suddenly, her sketch came to life, right in the middle of the shoppe.  The customers ran frantically, while Caitlyn, who was sitting with one of her many siblings, started shouting.

"FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!" Caitlyn yelled over the commotion before she left the shoppe when the mouse pinned the crocodile.  Kyle came outside to see what was happening.  When he saw what I did, he smirked, and winked at me, giving me a thumbs up before disappearing, leaving only his Cheshire cat smile.  His sister Kiara saluted me before following her brothers example.

"Hey Rachelle, do you mind doing that on one of my hat sketches?" Jocie requested.

I obliged.  She laughed as she put the hat on her head.

"Well what did you want to talk about?" she asked, sipping her tea.

"I found this note when I was going to visit my parents.  They said to seek out the madness, so obviously, I came to you" I admitted, she took it as a compliment of course. I showed her the note.

"Wow, thanks! Well there's one place that I can think of that resembles a tree...the tea shoppe in Wonderland!" she said excitedly.

"This is hat-tastic! I haven't been to Wonderland for months!  Come on!" she said.

"Wait, that tea shoppe always appears in a different place! Just like the well of wonder! We need to figure out where we can find it" I pointed out.

"Well it says search the tea, so lets go spill some tea!" she said gesturing to hundreds of tea cups littered across the tables of the shoppe.  Lets just say the shoppe had expanded by a LOT ever since my parents had graduated.  

"Hold up, I'll call some extra help, she should just be at the store right next to the tea shoppe" I said holding up my mirror phone.

"Hey Caitlyn, bring Kim to the tea shoppe, we need a little help"

"Fine by me, anything to get Kim away from these dresses"

They arrived shortly after, Caitlyn dragging Kim by the ear.

"Oh good you're here, well we have to find a clue, so everyone start getting rid of the tea so we can find the right tea cup" I ordered.

Surely enough, we finally found it.  After we had tipped over every other tea cup in the store. It would take days to finally clean the tea spills off the floor.  The clue was simply a picture of a poison apple, crossed with a blade.

"Hey...Caitlyn and I visited the poison apple tree from the Evil Queen's story a few years ago. Caitlyn accidentally left her blade there because we were busy running away after she almost cut the tree down" I said.

"Then lets go!" Jocie exclaimed.

~time skip~

Low and behold, there was an entrance in the middle of the tree.  But guess what? I found out what "have fun escaping the tree" meant. The tree swung its branches at us, and grabbed Caitlyn, who was the shortest.  The leaves were ridiculously sharp for an apple tree, so of course, it started shooting leaves, and hopefully non-poisonous apples at us.  I ducked as the tree branch went to grab us, Kim wasn't so lucky.  Then it hit me, it was going from shortest to tallest, why did I make that connection, I don't know.  But apparently it was right because the tree went to grab me.  I jumped, and sprung off the trunk and hung on to the branch that Kim and Caitlyn were on.  

"You two! Jump to another branch! We need to control all of them so Jocie can get into the entrance!"  I yelled over the wind.  The two jumped opposite directions and we hung on and attempted to slow down the branches. Luckily, it was just enough to give Jocie enough time.

Jocie's p.o.v

Wonderland was amazing! But I couldn't help but worry about my friends who were still hanging to a very aggressive tree that was trying to attack us.  Luckily enough, the hard part was over, the tea shoppe was right in front of me.  But there was one thing that surprised me.  The shoppe looked...abandoned. The next clue was sitting on the windowsill.

Descendant of Red

The white statue she dreads

If she does not finish

Then you all will be dead

You will finally find the answer

In the lead

The lead? Like a lead pencil?  I had a lot of those, but what about the other lines?