Chapter 26 (1/2)

Important A/N: So there's a chance I may get locked out of this account one day, to avoid mishaps, it'd be a lot easier if you'd follow my backup account, if I ever lose this account, I will be continuing any of my stories I wrote here, on that account if I do. So if you haven't already, please go follow RinAriRoseLia on Wattpad. Just in case. Oh and to make up for the fact I haven't updated in a while, I'm making this plot finale a lot longer than I intended. 

SMACK!

She slammed right into something very sharp- but not full body cast sharp. She probably broke a rib or too at least, and she struggled to get up. A hand with a purple finger less leather glove sat her upright. She looked down at the rough night colored scales of a wild dragon. The sharp pain she'd felt had been it's horn, it was lucky she hadn't been pierced. She turned to see her friend, Rachelle- who had her right arm in a sling, with bandages wrapped around her left leg. She had a large bruise on her forehead. But otherwise- she was okay. 

"What happened to you? I was the one who had to actually fight!"

"Yeah- well there wasn't anyone to catch me when I went hurtling a few hundred feet out of a tower"

"While that may be true- how come you look so beat up? I figured you'd either come out of this dead, or unscathed but tired"

"Thank you for your faith in me. My energy was drained- and it only rejuvenated when I was about to hit the lake- which would not be good, unless I was a mermaid. Or had no bones"

"I only had time to cast a spell that would make sure I didn't die. My arm might be broken, and I may break my leg if I injure it any further"

"On the bright side- your hair looks fabulous"

"Well I'd much rather come out with my limbs intact, than half a braid being missing"

"Seriously though- can you grow this back?"

"Oh sure- let me waste the little bit of magical energy I have left, so I can pass out and cause the dragon to lose control. Then we can actually die horribly painful deaths- NO I CAN'T GROW IT BACK!" she snapped.

"Jeez- calm down! It was a simple question. One more question though. What's with the dragon? It's not one of the school's dragons"

"And it's going to stay that way. Neralynn gets awfully jealous when I use other dragons. But as for this dragon, this is Mirage. One of Nevermore's kids. Mirage is Armorwing's mate"

"Who's Armorwing again?"

"Armorwing- that silver dragon Delilah tamed in the dark forest. I had a bag of dragon treats- so I bribed Mirage into helping"

"So Mirage is Neralynn's sister? Do dragons have like, some sort of sibling rivalry?"

"This is not the time to talk about the history of dragon families. Look, we're almost to the school, we're going to drop off near the stables. If we're lucky, Neralynn will have been chosen for dragon riding classes. But if not, get prepared in case she attacks"

"Any chance you have a dragon translator on your mirrorphone? This sounds interesting"

"No I don't. I had a feeling we'd screw things up, so I left it in my dorm room"

"Well you're not wrong. Maybe mine's working. I hope I don't have to pay for a dragon app."

"Better yet, why don't you call Jocie or Caitlyn? Or our parents at least. I don't know how I'm supposed to explain this arm next time I visit"

"Sucks to be you. Aren't you right handed?"

"Unfortunately, yes. But that's the least of my worries. But I'd like to avoid the problem for as long as possible"