Side Plot 1

Daniel Charming's p.o.v

"You can't go around doing that! You're going to get us all in trouble!" I hissed.

"Whatever Daniel, say can you make yourself useful and get me a sandwich?" My little sister, Ruby asked.

"Don't change the subject! What you did was completely out of line! And no I will not get you a sandwich!" I growled.

"What's the big deal? All I did was use a few minor spells" Ruby yawned.

"Minor?! You spelled a girl to become your maid, another one to do your homework, and two other girls to throw fists at each other for your amusement!" 

"Urgh, don't be so dramatic, the first girls just saved me some time, and the other two didn't even get hurt" 

"That's not the point!" I sighed.

"Are you done yet? I'm busy, so can you leave?" she questioned.

"Busy? Doing what?" I demanded.

"Watching MirrorTube, catching up on my favorite fanfics, and I have plenty things I need to get scheduled! Like my appointment to get my nails done" she answered, examining her already, newly manicured hands.

"You're impossible"

"You're irritating"

"Am not!"

"Look, don't you have a girl to go out with, or something?  You can't tell me what to do"

"Ruby!  Why won't you just tell me whats wrong?!" I demanded.  She looked at me confused.

"Son, she's been like that since she was 3"  Dad said, walking into the room.

"But why?" I demanded.

"Ask her that" he shrugged, leaving the room as quick as he had come.

"Parents these days" I grumbled.

"You wanna know my problem?" she asked.

"Of course!" I exclaimed.

"My problem is that you're still in my room after I told you to leave" she said bluntly, pushing me out the door.

"Don't you dare slam the door on me!" I ordered, before she smirked and slammed the door in my face.  She opened the door again.  She threw a book at me, and slammed it once again. I looked at the book, Detention Work Volume 7. HOW WAS SHE ALREADY ON VOLUME 7!?!? We weren't even halfway into the school year!  I grasped the door handle, and pulled as hard as I could, but she locked it!  She slipped a note under the door.

Just do the first 10 pages, they're due by midnight

- Ruby

"No way!" I yelled.  She slipped a dollar under the door. 

"A DOLLAR?! YOU CHEAPSKATE! I'm not doing your homework for a dollar!" I screeched.

"I'll throw in a sibling fun day!" she yelled from behind the door.  I grudgingly picked up the dollar, and pocketed it, before going off to my room to do her homework.  It was insane how she'd already had enough detentions to fill 6 workbooks in the past month.  

Sophie Hood's p.o.v

I was up in the tower hair salon, my mom was giving me fresh highlights, and new nails.  Now that I was done, I volunteered to work there for the rest of the day.

  Now that I was done, I volunteered to work there for the rest of the day

Not long after, a friend of mine, Ruby Charming emerged from the tall staircase

Not long after, a friend of mine, Ruby Charming emerged from the tall staircase.  She plopped down into the chair in front of me, wearing an irritated expression.

"What's got your hair tangled?" I asked.

"Daniel's so annoying!" she replied, shaking her head.

"Whoa! Keep still, I don't want to ruin your hair!" I exclaimed, as she assumed her original position.

"So what happened?" I asked, combing through her hair.

"He got all mad at me for using my magic on a group of girls!" she exclaimed.

"You do that on a daily basis, why's he so mad now?" 

"Thats what I'm asking! But he won't let it go!  I had to push him out of my room!"

"Well where's Rachelle? Usually she could get him to shut up" 

"She's out with her friends on some weird adventure or something" she sighed.

"Well she'll be back soon, and you'll have a sister you can look up to, a sibling that doesn't annoy you" I replied.

"You're basically my sister" she pointed out.

"I meant legally" I laughed.  I braided her hair into an elegant updo.

  I braided her hair into an elegant updo

It wasn't perfect but it was good enough.  Considering I wasn't used to her type of hair, I'd say I did a pretty good job.  I walked in front of her and began doing her nails.

"Ugh, at least I won't have to see Daniel next week, I'll miss you though" she said absentmindedly. 

"I'll miss you too, I'm making you promise to call me everyday after school" I announced.

"Now thats a promise I'm willing to keep" she laughed.  I quickly finished her nails, they weren't glamorous exactly, but they were cute.

  I quickly finished her nails, they weren't glamorous exactly, but they were cute

She got up and I gave her a quick hug.  

"Oh and here! I got these in the village" she said, handing me a necklace with tiny handcuffs.

"What are these for?" I asked.  The first link had my name on it, and the second had Ruby's.

"They're to remind me that no matter what happens, it'll be alright as long as I'm with you" she grinned.