Chapter 22 (Part 1)

A/N: Jeez, its been so long since I've written a normal chapter that I've had to go back and reread the last couple real chapters. But its FINALLY here!

Rachelle's P.O.V

It was good to be back at Ever After High after a wild trip to Wonderland, and we were tired!  Then again, fighting a crazy old knight who was a statue for thousands of years, and watching one of your best friend almost die- yeah you were bound to need some sleep. She found her boyfriend taking a cat nap in a tree next to the window of her dorm room. Laughing slightly, she tossed the shirt she had bought for him onto his head without him noticing.  

As much as she wanted to just collapse onto her bed and bury herself in the comfort of her pillows, she needed answers if she was ever going to figure out a way to save C.A Cupid and Eros.  And the prophecy was unfinished. Sort of. 

It was clear Caitlyn had finished her part of the prophecy, but they hadn't gotten a new one. What happened next? Were they supposed to just wait? Or did they miss something? She knew the fastest way to get a straight answer, but she didn't like it at all.

Her best option was to visit her grandmother again. Considering how their last encounter had occurred, she wasn't all that excited to meet her again.  But what other choice did she have? Go to her mother? Hah, that was never going to work! Sure, her mom had had her own dose of teenage adventures, but how would she even approach her?

Like, hey mom- guess what? Grandma kidnapped half of the Cupid family and oh now that I think about it- I made a stupid decision and agreed to meet the her in the forest and am probably going to get myself killed, any suggestions here?

Yeah- she now questioned why she'd even agreed to her offer.

Kimberly's P.O.V

"HEY KIMMM!!!" she heard a familiar voice call out to her, instinctively, she dove behind a bush. 

Her suspicions were right. It was Horace Dumpty, nephew of Humphrey Dumpty. Horace had been crushing on her since first grade. At first all of the notes, gifts, and over the top romantic gestures seemed cute- but then it started getting plain creepy.

If anything, Kim would've rather dated his twin sister Liliah Dumpty.  She was sweet, with average grades, and extremely clumsy- but at least she always tried to make the best of things. Even when she bought a dress online and it ended up being cheaply made, and not even remotely like the picture- she redesigned it and  made it her own, and rocked it at the upcoming dance.

She was already tired from the ordeal in Wonderland, she didn't want to deal with this.  She was ready to take drastic measures. Like jumping off the bridge into the swamp, she'd smell like an ogre for days, but it'd come out- eventually.  

Last week he'd been spreading rumors that his mother was secretly Apple White- Blossom had seemed disgusted by the idea. Not that anyone blamed her, but she'd been acting so obnoxiously lately- no one really cared. She felt bad for Cody, she'd completely trashed her own husband, and he still had to have that gender reveal party, where he'd have to face her. But what else could he do? He couldn't just leave his unborn child, even if he wasn't even eighteen yet.

She was lucky enough to not have been spotted by Horace, despite her bright pink hair. He walked right past her, without a second glance. 

But on the topic of Cody's gender reveal party- she'd almost forgotten how close it was. Just tomorrow, they'd figure out the gender. Poor Cody had so much going on, and he didn't even know his family had been kidnapped by the Evil Queen yet.  This definitely wasn't his year.  Friendzoned, love spell, break up, marriage, unexpected baby, divorce, and now this? She didn't have the heart to tell him and ruin his day even more. Poor guy had been through too much already.

*timeskip so I can get this gender reveal out of the way*

"What did you guys get Cody and Blossom?" I asked Rachelle and Lyric.

1st dress: Rachelle 2nd Dress: Kim 3rd Dress: Lyric

"Originally I was going to give them both this coffee maker- but you know, they're getting divorced and all" Lyric answered.

"So now I'm getting them a load of baby clothes instead"

"I got them a couple enchanted toys, and a book of parenting tips" Rachelle shrugged.

"Well I got them this set of baby bottles, and a couple packs of candy I didn't want"

"For the baby?"

"No, for them"

"Erm...okay"

"Alright Lyric- you've been acting really awkwardly today, spill"

"Okay okay- look, don't get me wrong. I'm more interested in Cody being happy than him being with me- but its still really weird being at his baby's gender reveal party- with another girl. I'm still wondering why they decided it would be a good idea to invite his ex girlfriend"

"I mean, technically they didn't invite any of us. That weird gossip reporter invited all of us, they just didn't bother to tell any of us off" Rachelle pointed out.

"Honestly- I didn't really want to come. But I wanted to be polite, Cody's been through enough crap in the past year"

Lyric frowned, looking hurt before Kim realized what she said, her eyes widening.

"Oh Lyric! I'm so sorry- I wasn't talking about that! Its just- you know"

"Yeah...yeah, I get it"

"Hey guys, doors open already"

They spotted Blossom in the center of the room, seemingly trying to keep calm

They spotted Blossom in the center of the room, seemingly trying to keep calm. Cody sat calmly, with a blank face in a corner. He was wearing a periwinkle blue shirt, a baby pink blazer, blue jeans, and pink high top sneakers. His wings were drooping, obviously not very happy.  He was frowning at what was presumably a guest list.

"Cody? Are you alright?"

"H-huh? Oh hey Lyric, yeah I'm okay. Thanks for coming girls"

"Is something bothering you Cody?"

"It's just...I sent out an invitation to my mom, and grandfather- but neither of them RSVP'd...and neither did Blossom's parents" He muttered, his voice going bitter at Blossom's name.