Chapter 22 (Part 2)

Since Normal chapters have had a kinda sad mood lately- I'm going to put Rachelle and Kyle's meeting at the clocktower at the end of this chapter.

More guests began arriving for the gender reveal party. Apparently they were doing this huge balloon pop. Rachelle was curious. What did Cody mean that Blossom's parents hadn't RSVP'd? When was the last time they had heard from them? She was worried- Blossom's family had a strong connection to her grandmother's story. Maybe it really was time that she went back to visit her grandmother. 

Caitlyn wasn't able to make it to the party, and with how awkward the tension in the air- she probably wouldn't have wanted to come anyways.  Blossom and Cody sat on opposite sides of the room.  They were just about ready to do the final reveal. Though despite how happy the situation should've been- both glared daggers at the roof where the balloons were being held.  The two had enlisted the help of a mutual friend- Amber Huntsman to figure out the gender first so she could prepare the balloons- that way it'd be a surprise for both of the parents.

When the time came, Cody went to one corner of the room, Blossom on the opposite side. A valentines themed rope- assumedly to represent the ex couples favorite colors- but ironic in the situation, were hanging tightly on either side.

"Count down from ten!" Blossom called out, forcing an enthusiastic tone.  

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!"

The two pulled the rope- and the balloons kept raining down onto the party goers. But the crazy part?

The balloons were striped pink and blue!

"Huh? What the- why?" Cody sputtered. The ex couple looked towards their friend in confusion.

"Congratulations you two! You're having twins!" Amber exclaimed excitedly. The celebration was cut short however, when Blossom had a cake wheeled into the room, proceeding to shush all the screaming and gossiping.

"Alright everybody- well before we cut the cake, we wanted to announce our, apparently children's godparents! We weren't planning on this- so excuse us for a moment" Blossom announced. In hushed whispers, she and Cody reluctantly discussed the other child's godparents, these kids were going to go through a rough time, now that Cody and Blossom were getting close to graduation- and were going to live in separate houses, they'd have to discuss a lot.

"Well we've decided that we will each pick a pair of godparents for one child. Cody- you have the floor"

"For our daughter, her godparents will be Jordan Dancer and Amber Huntsman! If you two could meet me after the party, that would be great" Cody announced. Blossom ushered him out of the way, and took the microphone from his hand.

"For our son, his godparents will be Daniel Charming and....Lyric Mermaid"

Cody whipped towards his soon to be ex wife in shock. Blossom smirked at him, glad that she had caught him off guard.  In a negative way? Who knew except for Cody himself? But he didn't argue against it, but shot Lyric an apologetic look, as he glimpsed her look of surprise, and slight hurt when she had seen how shocked he was.

But could you blame her for being surprised? She knew Blossom didn't like her, Blossom didn't like Rachelle much either. And being the godmother of your ex boyfriend's daughter? That was a little awkward, she had to admit. She couldn't help feel a little bit honored- but one look at Blossom's face, the feeling disappeared. Blossom had wanted to get a reaction out of her and Cody, and she'd gotten one- but not one that she could twist into something bad.

"Well everybody, what are you standing around for? Grab a piece of cake and GET OUT!" Blossom practically screamed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------