Chapter 3

Shiro walked into the bathroom while Keith was showering and I knew why he did it. He was going to tell Keith what I told him. Im always the one in trouble. Its never my fault though.  Its my family's fault. I thought they were the best people in the world but now that im not isolated by them I realize they arent the people who they really are. 

" WHAT!!" I heard a shout from the bathroom and a thud. I didn't get up to check on them. I knew what it was about. Keith came out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist. " Why didnt you tell us sooner?" 

" I didnt know how to explain it till Allura helped me understand. I didn't want to be in this mess. Its not even my fault."

" I know baby but im worried about you. I want to know your safe. I cant always behind me to make sure your safe." Keith said sitting next to me on the bed. I sat up and pouted.

" Im sorry. I thought it was a dream though. Just something stupid that my mind made up."

" But baby you still should have told us. It sounds scary dealing with that by yourself." 

" Ill tell you everything from now on. Im just trying to figure out what they did. Allura wont tell me." My shoulders slumped. Keith got off of the bed and started to get dressed. 

" We can always try to re open the case but we need to find new evidence. "

" Or we could just try to look at the evidence again?" Shiro purposed while getting his clothes. 

" We could do that. Tomorrow ill look okay." Keith asked sitting back down next to me. I leaned on him and sighed.

" I dont even want to be involded in that though. I thought I left it all behind." I said watching Shiro walk into the bathroom. 

" Its hard to leave that stuff. Ive seen it first had. A lot of  people are arrested or killed because of it" I looked at him with wide eyes. " And im just scaring you. We are here for you dont worry."

" I hope so" I closed my eyes as he laid us down. I yawned and let myself fall into my calming sleep.

When I woke up they weren't laying in bed with me like they normally do. The house was silent and it bothered me.

" Guys ?" I called out crawling out of the bed. My stomach felt uneasy. I walked down the hall to the living room and there was no one. I looked in the kitchen. No one. " Where did they go?" I wandered into the spare rooms and there was nothing. " Where the hell did they go?" I took a deep breath keeping myself from panicking even more. I headed back to our room and got dressed. I grabbed my phone and keys leaving the house. I locked the door with a defeated sigh and walked to work. I opened the shop and got the little clothes that needed to be worked on finished. 

" Hey Lance! You in the back?" I heard Allura call out from the front. There weren't very many customers today. Its great cause I can get more work done but its also odd because there are usually more. She walked to the back and gave me  a smile. " Not very many people today. I wonder whats up?"

" Me too but for now we can catch up on all the things we have been behind on." She gave me a sly smile knowing exactly what I was talking about. " For now we need to call in your model friends again so we can post our new line." She nodded sitting down at her work space.

" I will do that for now you design with your all seeing eye." I laughed at her comment and got back to drawing my designs. Picking out fabrics and colors that would match. Through out the day customers would come in buy things but none of the were as lively as usual. 

" Allua whats wrong with everybody?" I asked walking into the back. Clicking on the fan to prevent it from getting too hot.

" You didn't hear did you?" She said stopping what she was doing. I looked at her in confusion as her aura turned from fun to serious. 

" No what happened?" I sat down next to her. She looked like she was finding the words to say in her mind. " Come on 'llura what happened?" 

" There was a shoot out and they called every officer on the scene to help. Five dead. Seven injured. " My heart stopped. I felt my face heat up and I shot up out of my seat. I rushed the front and pulled out my phone. I called Shiro first. The ringing made me impatient. I wanted to know they were okay. The call went to voice mail and I felt tears stream down my face. 

" Fuck. Come on guys." I said in frustration as I don't cuss much. I dialed Keith this time. The ringing echoed in my ears as my mind runs through the possibilities of what could have happened. They weren't there when I woke up because they were called. They must have left in a rush because they usually leave me a note. " Keith pick up please" I said starting to pace around the store. Wiping my tears so the customers wont see anything is wrong. 

" This number is currently unavailable please leave a message at the tone" And the tone went off. I let out a frustrated groan and hung up. I called them so many more times before Allura came to calm me down.

" Their fine I promise you. Their just busy with work. They have to fill out reports and stuff for the stuff that happened." She said placing her hand on my shoulder. 

" But i dont know if they are okay. For all I know they are the ones dead or injured. That scary 'llura. I cant stop thinking about it." She let out a sigh and went to the back of the store. She came back with her bag.

" Early day today. Lets get you home." She put her arm around my shoulder and lead me out of the store. She locked up and walked me home. We spent some time hanging out at the house before going to go sit on the roof waiting and watching to see when they would get home.