Chapter 8

I woke up to shaking. My eyes opened a crack to see Keith leaning over me. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. 

" Why are you on the couch?" Keith asked with a worried tone. Shiro wasn't anywhere to be seen.  " Shiro went to work. Why weren't you in bed with him?" I sighed and looked around. 

" What time is it?" Everything seemed off. Today didn't feel right.

" Its noon. You've been sleeping for a while." I was shocked. 

" What?! I have to get to work" I was about to get up but Keith pushed me back onto the couch. 

" Lance tell me whats up. You have been acting for a while now. Me and Shiro are worried." I was getting frustrated that he couldn't see what I saw. 

" That isn't Shiro" I said to him. 

" How is that not Shiro. Are you blind? Is there really something that wrong?" He said worried and touching my forehead. I batted his hand away in frustration. 

" You don't understand. That isn't my Shiro. He doesn't feel the same. His touch isn't warm. His eyes don't feel the same. When he kissed me there was nothing behind it. You wouldn't know because you are not his mate. I know because that isn't him. The one that looks like him makes me feel uncomfortable and cringe whenever he touches me."

" Your over reacting Lance. That is Shiro. Are you okay?"

" No I am not okay! Your not listening to me. First the witch lady comes visit me and now Shiro is gone. Whats next? You too?" I couldn't look him in the eye. I didn't want to. I got up and walked into the room. I grabbed my needle and thread from the chest at the foot of the bed. I began to work on something ive been working on for a while. I was going to make a quilt. I know it sounds cheesy but it was going to be cute. Im embroidering flowers and all our last names on the blanket. Then ill use clothes from old things they let me take. 

" Lance" Keith said walking into the room. " What did you mean by the witch lady?"

"She came to the shop the other day. She scared me but Allura seemed a lot more scared than I was." Keith rushed over to the edge of the bed.

" Why didn't you tell me?" He asked frustrated at me.

" Cause this is my mess. I shouldn't have to drag you into all my messes every time." He ran his hand through his hair.

" We're your mates. Your problem are our problems." 

" I just dont want you guys to get hurt." I put aside the half made quit and looked at him.

" We wont. I promise. We are trained. We can protect you."

" I need to know everything my family did. Who they associated with. Who they made deals with? Which ones were fulfilled and especially ones that weren't" Keith seemed reluctant with the idea. 

" We could open up a new case. Then we can look at all the evidence from the house."

" We cant. They wont believe me. She came to me in a dream first. And then she came to the store to make sure she knew where I was. "

" So she is some kind of witch?" He asked sitting next to me.

" Yes and I think she did something to Shiro." 

" Again with the Shiro thing" He stood up again and walked around the room.

" Im not joking!! That isn't him. He may the memories and the looks and the behavior. But his emotions are not the same."

" I dont believe you" His words took me aback.

" Thats why I didn't want to tell you" I said standing up and walking out of the room. " Im going for a walk" I said picking up my shoes.

" You being dramatic." 

" and your not paying enough attention" I said walking out the door. I didnt have my shoes on yet but I continued to walk down the street. Why did he have to be so hard headed. He worried about the witch lady but not about Shiro. He should be able to tell better than I can. They have known each other forever. I got to the shop and thankfully Allura was there.

" Where have you been all day?" She asked to see the anger on my face. " Alright what happened?" 

" You need to come with me and see how Shiro is acting. It isnt him. And no one will believe me. Im just thinking about sleeping on the couch until I can get use to it." I gave Allura my best set of puppy eyes and she sighed.

" Alright but dont expect anything." She flashed her a smile and slipped on my shoes before we left and closed up the store. " but really where were you?"

" Apparently I slept till noon." I chuckled at the very end.

" Odd. You never sleep that long."  I nodded in agreement. We talked for a while before we actually got to the house. I walked in and saw both of them on the couch.

" I brought Allura over. We need to talk about future designs. Ill be in my office." I walked across the living room to my office. 

" Why are you so cold to them? Your making it obvious." I shrugged before sitting in my chair. " Although Shiro does seem kind off. He seems like a doll. Too perfect to be Shiro. If that was really him he would have said something when you walked in or walk up to you for a kiss. And with your obvious attitude he would be in here asking whats wrong."

" But he isnt. I need to find out where my Shiro is."

" And we need to get Keith on our side." I nodded in agreement. 

" How are we going to achieve both tasks though." Allura sighed.

" Were going to have to find more of me." I was confused. More of her.

___________________
So right now my computer is dead. I can't find the charger and I can't publish on the weekends so I'm changing the publish days to Mondays and if the chapters don't some out as fast it's cause if that. I'm try to find it. So please work with me. - Winter