Chapter 7

~ Lance~

I woke up to both Shiro and Keith laying in bed. I was happy Shiro was back. I felt a little bad falling asleep before he got home but I was really tired. I hear Shiro groan and his eyes opened. A smile played its way onto his face as he made eye contact with me. 

" Good morning hot stuff." He said kissing my cheek. I got up out of bed and walked into the bathroom. Odd he never called me hot stuff before. I shook Keith awake knowing it was time for us to get ready. Keith's eyes opened and he smiled at me giving me a kiss. 

" Good morning cutie." He said before getting out of bed. I slipped off the bed and changed into shorts and a loose tank top. I put on socks and my pair of black chuck tailors. I went to the kitchen to grab something to eat.  I grabbed a yogurt and sat on the counter. Shiro walked in the room and grabbed a banana. We just stared at each other in silence as we ate.  I don't know why but he seems off today. I cant put my thumb on it though. " Lance I cant find my socks." Keith shouted from the room.

" Under the bed" I shouted back not taking my eyes off of Shiro.  Keith walked into the kitchen and paused.

" You guys having a staring contest or something?" Keith asked pulling an orange juice from the fridge. Shiro pulled his eyes away from mine and smiled.

" Yeah I guess I lost." He chuckled. This isn't my Shiro. I dont know why he seems like a stranger or someone trying to be like him. He gave me a kiss before we went to work. The kiss even felt different. There was no emotion just an empty kiss. When I got to work I distracted myself with music and designing clothing. I thought about this morning. He looked like Shiro, sounded like him, walked like him, acted like him to a certain extent but he wasn't my Shiro. I sighed and looked up at the ceiling. 

" That is the fifth time you have sighed within the last thirty minutes whats wrong?" Allura walked in with a hop in her step. 

" And you look more happy than usual whats up?" She giggled. I met someone while i was walking around last night. A smile grew on her face. 

" Really? Tell me everything" She sat down in front of me.

" Well her name is Romelle and she is absolutely amazing. She has blonde hair and she wore them in pig tails. She wore a beautiful white dress with pink shoes. God she was so amazing. So amazing that she let me score a date with her." I laughed. 

" So when is the date?" 

" Tonight" She let out a sigh with a smile.

" You really like her?" 

" And I only met her yesterday."

" If you get hurt don't complain" She shook her head.

" I wont. I bring this on myself. Now tell me why your not feeling well." I sighed again.

" Shiro is acting weird. Its like its not him." I shook my head slightly.

" How is he acting weird? I just watched him drive past the shop to check on you." I leaned back into my chair and crossed my arms.

" This morning he called me a nickname he has never called me before and instead of an actual conversation during breakfast he just watched me. And when he kissed me this morning it was empty and not full of emotion like it usually is." 

" Maybe he is having an off day. You cant just jump to conclusions after not even a day." 

" But 'llura that isnt my Shiro. My Shiro isnt someone with a cold shoulder."

" Stop over reacting." I rolled my eyes and got up from my desk. I walked to the front to see some people shopping around. For the rest of the though I couldn't stop thinking about what could be causing Shiro to have an off day. 
~
When I got home Shiro was home today.

" Keith stayed after this time. Hell be back before morning" He looked over at me from the couch. I felt uncomfortable around him for some reason. I sat down next to him trying to force myself to realize this was Shiro. But I couldn't. For the life of me I couldn't. When he wrapped his arms around my waist I felt shivers. When he pulled me into him I felt gross. This isn't my Shiro and I know it.

" I need to go to the bathroom" I said getting away from his grasp and walking to the bathroom. I had to get away from him. When I finished my mini panic I went to the room rather than returning to Shiro. I don't think I can be in the same room. It was so weird being around him. When he smiled it looked so fake. The way he moved was fake. He was like a doll that looked like him. I didn't like it.  After a while I think he got tired of waiting and came to the room. 

" Where did you disappear too?" He asked with a smile. He leaned against the door frame and crossed his arms. 

" I got tired so I decided to sit in bed." He nodded and walked over to the bed. I cringed a little bit. He sat next to me and leaned on me. 

" If your really that tired you can sleep with me." I nodded trying to make it obvious that I was uncomfortable. I rolled over onto my side and he laid behind me. ' Shiro' wrapped his arms around me and I laid there. I dont think I could sleep like this. For hours I laid there. I was uncomfortable. Once he was asleep I escaped his grip. I wandered into the living room. When is Keith getting home. I laid down on the couch. Guess im going to have to become antiquated with the couch.