Chapter 1

Reid
We had just returned from a case in Florida. I sat down at my desk and sent a quick text message, before finishing my report from the case:

I just got back from Florida. The case went well. Are you performing at Sax tonight?

She responded quickly:
I am glad to hear that you are home safe. I am performing tonight. Come by, if you would like.
I smiled at my phone and began reviewing my write-up, when Hotch came up to me, "Can I see you in my office?" His face appeared more stern than normal.

"Of course," I responded. I followed close behind, and shut the door after entering. Hotch motioned for me to take a seat, as he began.

"How is Bianca?"

"She's alright," I stammered. "Her health changes from day to day, but she has most of her strength back. She's dancing again- The Headliner at Sax."

"Good," Hotch responded.

"Is something wrong?"

"I just received word that Bruce is out on parole."

My entire body began to tense up. "It's only been 6 months. How the hell did he get out?"

"They couldn't connect him to the previous murders."

"Hotch, she was nearly dead when we got there. He exposed her to so much ammonia, when he was raping her that she now has Pulmonary Edema. He wants her back-and if he succeeds, he'll kill her this time."

"That is why I need you to convince her to enter protective custody."

"She won't."

"Please Reid, you need to try. Bianca cares for you. She'll listen."

I quickly wiped away a tear running down the side of my cheek. "I will."

I drove to the Sax. This was not a typical place for me a few months ago, but since I became close with Bianca, I frequented the burlesque club in D.C. My friends found it odd that I was seeing a dancer, but we had become close when Bianca was a victim of some unsubs of a case a few months back. She had a beautiful personality and her passion for her work was unmatched. I loved to watch her perform.

Upon entering the club, I saw the new dancers doing a routine to Bitter's Sweet Dirty Laundry. Her solo wasn't up yet. I moved to the back of the club, clearing myself with the security guard, before heading to Bianca's dressing room. I was glad that she had him here. Oddly, I knew she was safe.

I knocked on her door and heard a faint, "Come in." I entered. Bianca was facing the mirror, but spun around quickly. She put her arms around me, "I missed you."

"You need to ask who it is before you open the door."

"I'm sorry, I'm just in a rush," she muttered slipping her legs into fishnets and undoing her robe to reveal a tight corset.

I smiled, "I know I just worry about you."

"And I'm fine." But she wasn't. Not with Bruce out there. But she didn't know that.
"How do I look?" She asked.

"Beautiful," I responded

She beamed at me. "Do you want to watch from the wings?"

"Yes."

She took my hand, kissed it, and led me to out into the hall. I saw men come up to her and begin to strap her into the trapeze. She looked like an angel.