Chapter 4

Bianca
Let's run 'Tainted Love' from the top," Eliza, our manager, explained to the ensemble. I was feeling excited, as Spencer was coming back this evening.

I went back to my dressing room to wait for my number. I began skimming through my podcasts, when I got a call from Juliard's School of Dance. I was set to begin training there, before I was abducted. I lost my scholarship because my body couldn't heal fast enough and I had to drop out of the program.

I looked at the caller ID questionably and picked up, "Hello?"

There was a threatening computerized voice at the end, "Why won't you come back to me?"

I set the phone down, shaking. Hot tears stung my eyes. He couldn't come back.

____________________________________

A few hours later, I was stretching in my dressing room. There was a knock on the door. I went to go open it, but remembered, Spencer's warning. "Who is it?" I pressed.

"It's just me," Eliza answered. "May I come in?"

I let Eliza in, and an older man trailed behind her. His hair was peppered with grey and his mustache twisted around a smoking cigar. I quickly attempted to shield myself from the smoke.

George, this is Bianca, our headliner, here at the Sax," Eliza introduced. "Bianca, this is George Thompson. He's going to be our new business advisor."

"Nice to meet you, Bianca."

"Likewise, Mr. Thompson," I responded before going into a violent coughing fit. Eliza grasped my hand, helping me sit down. I tried to catch my breath.

"What the hell is wrong with her," George asked Eliza.

"Bianca has some breathing complications," Eliza explained. "I'm not quite sure what brought it on."

There was another knock on the door. George opened it, and Spencer, Morgan, and Hotch came in. Spencer hurried to my chair and bent down, looking at me concerned.

"Hey, try to take a deep breath," he coached. Then he took a deep breath himself, scanning the room. Spencer turned to George and Eliza. "Why did you let him smoke in here?" he asked Eliza.

"Spencer, please, don't-"I gasped.

"Don't you know that smoke can trigger a reaction like this?"

"Oh," Eliza cupped a hand over her mouth.

"Mr. Thompson, I apologize for you having to see me like this," I wheezed. I am so excited for you to come on board. Coughs racked my body making my chest feel as if it was on fire.

"No this was my mistake," George interrupted. "We can talk later, once you get yourself under control. I want you to be well for tonight's performance."

"Thank you sir," I responded.

George left the room, and Eliza followed after him, but not before mouthing a quick apology in my direction. I waved her off, and she shut my door leaving the three BAU agents in my dressing room.

I took a puff from my inhaler and eventually I was back to normal, although my skin was clammy and I felt dizzy. I put my head in my hands and sighed. Morgan crossed the room to sit on my couch, as Hotch remained standing, his back to the door.

Spencer broke the silence, "He shouldn't have smoked in your room."

"What was I supposed to do?" I laughed, reapplying my blush and lipstick.

"Asked him to leave," Spencer quietly answered.

"Who was that guy, anyway?" Morgan asked.

"George Thompson. He's our new business advisor. Anyway, to what do I owe the pleasure? I directed to Hotch and Morgan.

"Maybe we just want to watch you perform, princess," Morgan responded, attempting to clear the tension in the room.

I laughed, returning to the floor to continue my stretches. "As honored as I am, Derek, I know you're here because of Bruce. This isn't exactly Hotchner's scene is it?"

"We believe he's looking for you," Hotch explained.

I got up shaking, grabbing my phone and handing it to Hotch. "I know, he called me earlier today."

"What?" Spencer screamed. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Spencer, please calm down," I whispered. "I can't have the new management hearing about my problems. I'm easily replaceable, and I didn't make the best impression with Mr. Thompson."

"I'm sorry."

"That should be the least of your problems right now, Bianca," Hotch interrupted.

"Come on, Hotch," Morgan exclaimed.

"I understand that this is bad timing, but you need to go into witness protection."

"I still need to work," I stressed. "I'll go anywhere if I can still work. Please."

Spencer rubbed his hand on my back.

"We'll see what we can do," Hotch confirmed. "For right now," I'm going to have Reid stay with you.

Morgan laughed, "Oh yeah, like they haven't already been spending every waking moment together before that."

"Shut up," Spencer responded. I began to giggle. Staying with Spencer. I could do that.