Chapter 3

Spencer

She asked me about the Star Trek episode we were watching, but fell asleep a half hour in. The weight of the day slowly lifted from my shoulders and my body gave into sleep.

I woke up a few hours later to her whimpering and thrashing around. I jolted up from the couch. "Bianca, Bianca." I gently shook her and her eyes flew open. I turned the light on. She looked so pale.

"He was here. He touched me. Bruce-"

"No it was a dream, Bianca. He's not here. You are safe. Do you understand?"

"Oh," she gasped.

"You haven't had a nightmare in months."

"I know."

I knew it was my fault. I brought up Bruce. She was experiencing PTSD again. She got up and went into her bathroom, locking the door behind.
____________________________________

I woke up the next morning to a call from Morgan.

"Hey pretty boy, we've got a case."

"Where?"

"Don't worry it's local. You'll be close to your lady."

"Shut up," I responded.

"How is she?"

"She's scared about Bruce."

"I know. He'll mess up somehow and we'll catch him."

I was silent for a moment as Bianca came into her apartment. She smiled at me. "I gotta go, Morgan. I'll be there soon."

I hung up and my heart sank,"I have a case."

"It's okay," she responded. I'll see you when you get back, Spence."

"Where were you this morning? I asked.

"I was at bar class. I usually go on my days off."

"Okay."

"I'm going to be okay, Spence. I can take care of myself pretty well."

"I know you can. I just worry."

She pecked me on the lips. "I love you so much."

"I love you too."

"We can watch more star trek when you return."

I giggled. "Okay, but listen, I'm going to be in D.C. I am only a phone call away."

"Got it."

I swung by my apartment to grab my go-bag, and headed to the BAU.
Upon entering, I was ushered to the meeting room. The round table had pictures of women murdered connected to a manifesto.
"Prentiss Is the manifesto author the unsub?"

"No, local police were able to track the manifesto to a different person. He's being brought in for questioning, but forensics said that the blood didn't match that found on the body..."
____________________________________
*One week later*

We finally finished the case. Morgan and I rode back to the BAU together.

"Hey pretty boy, are you going to see your woman tonight?"

We began to make our way inside the bullpen with the rest of the team. "Bianca is working tonight," I responded.

"Reid and Morgan," Hotch called, motioning us to come in our office. We obliged and followed him in.

"Have you convinced Bianca to go into protective custody?"

"No. She's concerned about her job."

"Can't she still do it?" Morgan questioned.

"Not if Bruce knows where she is," I responded.

"Can't we find a happy medium?" Morgan challenged. "Like security detail?"

"I'll look into it," Hotch offered, "but Reid, she needs to know how serious this situation is."

My blood boiled. Bruce almost killed Bianca. of course she knew.