Chapter 10

A/N: I would like to apologize for my very late update.

The Sax's neon glow shadowed the dark side-walk down 11th street.

"Hey Mamita," a man exclaimed as I walked into the club.

I rolled my eyes rushing into the stage door. Eliza waved me over, while in deep conversation with our new business advisor.

"Hello, Mr. Thompson," I said, extending my hand.

"Please, call me George," he responded.

Eliza smiled, "I wanted to try some new costumes on you, and see how they fit with the trapeze."

"Sounds great."

We went beneath the stage to the costume wing of the theater. "Bianca, your dance radiates passion," George explained.

"Thanks."

"But I want to show off more of you."

"More of me?"

"Your body. To be clear."

"Excuse me?"

"Bianca," Eliza cautioned.

"I just mean. If you want to be a star, you have to climb the ladder. You have to understand how this business works."

They had me strung up between two trapezes. Swinging from one to another was challenging, but I could do it.

"Be careful, Eliza explained."

"You know what, STOP," George screamed.

"Sir?" Eliza questioned.

"This lighting is horrendous. Fix it, Eliza."

"Yes sir."

"We'll run it again in two days. Understood, ladies?"

"Yes," Eliza and I echoed.

I went back to my dressing room, Eliza trailing close behind. "I'm sorry about that, Bianca. I think he can help us."

"I'm sure he can," I confirmed unlocking my dressing room door. As I looked down, I saw a figurine of a black swan. When I was abducted by Bruce's gang. Bruce would call me his black swan. He would pull the figurines out, when he injected me with heroin. I began to shake.

"Eliza, may I take off for the night?" I ask trying to keep my composure.

"Of course. I'll get those lights for you, by Friday." She walked out of my dressing room, and closed the door behind.

My hands shook, as I called Spencer.

"Hey."

"I think he was here."

"What?"

"I think Bruce came to The Sax? There is a figurine of a black swan on my dressing room table."

"Shit."

"Spencer. Please-"

"I'm coming."

"No Spencer."

"Bianca. Stay there. Lock your door."

Spencer was at the Sax in record time. He took pictures of the figurine? before we got into his car, and went home. The ride was silent. He nervously bit his lip, as his right knee jumped up and down.

I went upstairs and prepared for a restless sleep. A nightmare awoke me hours later. Spencer was asleep next to me, and my heart was pounding. I stood up, and the room started spinning. I began to choke before everything went black.

"B. Hey... B"

My eyes fluttered open to take in my surroundings.
"Not again," I exclaimed.

He looked at me sorrowfully, gently sitting me back up.

"This damn corset," I whispered, as my fingers fidgeted in attempt to undo the strings.

Spencer grasped my hands. "It's alright. Just rest."

I inhaled, sharply. "Ow."

"Does it hurt to take a breath?"

I nodded, "I was just trying to walk off the nightmare."

"What happened in this one?"

"Spence. I can't remember," I whispered, shaking.
He gently touched my bare shoulder. "You're burning up."

I sit up, trying to stand.

"Bianca, please slow down."

"My meds," I gasped. "They are in the bathroom I think."

He picked me up. Carrying me to the bed. He goes into the bathroom to get my bag, and returns.

"Can you hand me the injection?" It opens up my airways, when it hurts to breathe. I reached out my hand for the needle.

"You're shaking, let me do it."

I leaned my head back while he inserted the medication. My lungs relaxed, as I close my eyes.

"Rate your pain."

"Hm?"

"Scale of one to ten."

"Three."

"You're lying."

"Then why did you ask, Doctor?" I begin to wheeze.

"Yeah. That is on me. Just relax. The medicine will kick in." He leans in to kiss my cheek. "You're warm." He jumps off the bed, and runs into the bathroom once more. When he returns
he's holding a damp washcloth. I close my eyes as he lays it across my forehead.

"You're right," I coughed. "It's a nine."

"I know."

I giggle softly, as he climbs back into bed, pulling me close to him. "We're going to get him, B."