Chapter 26

Bianca
After Bruce was arrested, Spencer and I spent the week together. It was comforting to lean on each other, navigating through this new life.

I suggested that we go to the beach, during one of his days off. Spencer wasn't the biggest fan of getting sand in his shoes, but obliged, none the less.

"The water is great!" I encouraged, attempting to coax him into the lake with me.

"It's so dirty," Spencer simply responded.

"It's alright."

"I don't usually do this kind of thing," he expressed slowly wading into the water.

He slowly came up to me, and I put my hands on his shoulders. "You ready?" I asked.

Spencer tilted his head in confusion, before I plunged my hand in the water, creating a splash.

We began to laugh and chase each other through the waves, until I took him down with me.

"I forgot how strong you are," he laughed.

"Well, dancing for a living does provide a daily workout," I suggested.

"You know what else is a good workout?" he asked.

"Hmm?"

"Taking down Criminals," Spencer exclaimed picking me up and carrying me to the beach.

l gently giggled in his arms, as he lay next to me in the sand. I turned his head towards mine, so we were facing each other. "I love you, Spencer. More and more every single day."