Chapter 22

Spencer

Flashback

"What's wrong, Spence?" Bianca asked.

"I don't want to hurt you."

"You won't."

"I haven't done this before."

"You haven't?"

"No. I've never, found the right person. I was a nerd my whole life. I'm scared."

"Of me?"

"No. Of course not."

"We can go as slow as you want," she offered. And that is what she did. But I got hard the second she started touching me.

"Fuck," I exclaimed.

"Are you okay?"

I looked at her, trying to find the right words. She was so beautiful. I couldn't believe that she wanted to be with me. "I love you, Bianca."

"I love you too Dr. Reid." Things started moving pretty quickly after that.
____________________________________
Once we had finished, I gently touched Bianca's arm. This startled her.

"No!" She screamed, jumping out of the bed, and moving to the other side of her bedroom.

Tears quickly spilled down my cheeks. I knew I was going to hurt her. We shouldn't have done this.

"I'll be good. I'll be quiet. I won't leave. Please don't touch me."

That's when I realized what had happened. She was repeating what she had said to us, when we first visited her after her rescue. It was a common response to the trauma Bianca endured. My heart shattered into a million little pieces.

"Bianca," I choked, "I'm not him. I promise you. You're safe. He's in Prison."

"I'll be good," she repeated. "I'll be good. I'll be quiet. I won't leave. I won't leave. I won't."

Present

"I really did not peg you for a procrastinator," JJ said.

"What?"

"You aren't doing your reports."

"For your information," I began, "I finished them."

"Right. I forgot you were a genius and could finish in thirty minutes, while it takes the rest of us two hours. What are you looking at anyways?"

"Nothing," I screamed. The rest of the team turned towards the two of us.

Hatch stepped out of his office. "Reid quiet down-NOW!"

"Yes, sir," I responded.

Morgan could not stop laughing for the life of him. "Reid got in trouble."

"Shut the hell up. What is wrong with you?"

Hotch returned from his office, once more. "I am on the phone with our director. Both of you, stop this nonsense. I am not your babysitter."

"Yes sir," we said in unison.

I turned back to JJ.

"Are you watching porn?"

"Why would I be doing that?"

"Well," JJ began, "That's the only reason I can come up with, in regards to you not sharing what's on your computer"

"That's obtuse, JJ."

Morgan came over to us. "Alright what is going on? I can't focus on my report because of you two!"

"Spencer won't show me what's on his computer," JJ stated.

Morgan raised his eyebrows, "It's probably porn."

"That's what I said," JJ exclaimed.

I finally had enough, "It's not porn. I'm shopping for something," I expressed, turning the monitor towards my friends.

"Wait," JJ squealed, you're looking at engagement rings!"

"My man!" Morgan said, nudging me as he did so.

"Don't tell anyone," I begged.

"Of course we won't." JJ answered.

"We've been together for over two years."

"You don't need to explain yourself to us," JJ said. "To be honest, I was wondering when you    two were going to get engaged."

"So," Morgan asked, "when are you going to do it?"

"I need to wait until Bruce is gone. He hasn't been around much, but I need to be sure."

Morgan nodded solemnly in response. "If you need any help, man, I'm here."
____________________________

There was a sense of anxiety, now that JJ and Morgan were aware of my intentions. Not that I wasn't going to follow through. It just felt different is all.

I slowly pulled out the key that I had to Bianca's apartment. She still hadn't completely come around to the idea of moving in together, but she was exploring our options.

It felt eerily quiet, as I stepped into the entrance. It was late, and she got to leave early from The Sax, tonight. I had called her, yesterday from the jet. She should have been expecting me. Yet, no lights were on, and it felt empty. I began to panic.

"B? Are you okay?" No response came. I slowly pulled out my gun. Was someone in the house? Had someone taken her? Was she having trouble breathing? Did she faint?

I was snapped out of my thoughts from the sound of glass breaking. "Bianca!" I yelled. There was a small light peaking underneath the door to her room. I threw it open, and she screamed. I flipped on another light to get more of a visual.

Her eyes were puffy. "Please don't shoot me," she begged.

I realized that I was still holding my gun. I quickly dropped it, making her jump. "I am so sorry, B. I didn't mean to scare you. I thought something had happened."

She didn't respond. Her eyes were glassy. I saw a smashed lamp by her feet, and blood rolling down her leg. She must have accidentally scraped herself, when breaking the lamp. "You're bleeding," I stated. "Let me go get-"

"No," she screamed.

I trembled in response. "You're going to get an infection, Bianca."

"Please don't hurt me," she whispered.

"What?"

"I'll be good. I'll be quiet. I won't leave. I'll be good I'll be quiet, I won't leave. I won't, sir, I won't."

"No!" I yelled, sending her almost into hysterics. It all made sense.  She had seen Bruce, today, or something that reminded her of him. The PTSD was coming back with a vengeance.

"Bianca, it's okay," I choked. "It's me." She began to whimper, the rehearsed lines freely flowing off her tongue. I began sobbing. Angry, hot tears burned my nose and cheeks. I pulled out my phone, and dialed Morgan. We needed help and we need it now.