Chapter 6

Bianca

Flashback:
The young one stumbled into my room again.
"Dr. Reid, I've already told Agent Prentiss everything I can remember."

"I know. I just thought that I could keep you company."

"Why?"

"Um... I know what it feels like to be alone and afraid."

"You don't know a thing I've been through," I snapped.

"No. And I'm not saying I do. I just- your family isn't here."

"They don't want anything to do with me."

"Why?"

"My brother is a neurosurgeon. I'm just a fucking dancer."

"We interviewed Eliza, when she reported you missing. She says you are one of the best."

"Yeah, well that doesn't buy love, does it."

He looked at me, his expression soft. "I want to help you feel better. Tell me what I can do."

I stared out the hospital window. "I can still smell him. When will that go away?"

"I don't know."

"Great."

"You could try taking a shower. Maybe that would help."

"I can't even sit up.

"I can help you."

"Dr. Reid, what do you want from me?"

"I want you to be able to trust others again."

"So there is no ulterior motive to seeing me naked?"

"No.. no of course not."

"Alright fine. I don't want to smell them anymore."
I stumbled trying to get up on my feet. I'm obviously not used to being bad at balance. He picked me up and I started shaking.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I promise," he said, sitting me down on the shower seat."

"Can you breathe okay?"

"Yeah."

"Good. I'm going to take this gown off. If you feel uncomfortable at any point... uhh.. let me know."

I shuddered. He began spewing statistics about germs in hospital bathrooms, while undressing me. For some reason, that calmed me. Bruce was silent when he took my clothes off. My legs were black and blue. The sight made fresh tears come to my eyes.

"They should heal."

"I um... I am going to be starting my first semester at Juilliard in a few months. The dance program."

"That's excellent."

"I want to join the New York City Ballet one day."

"I can see that happening."

"Where did you go to school, Dr. Reid?"

"Cal Tech."

"Wow you're smart."

"Intelligence can't be quantitatively defined actually."

I smiled.

He began to gently wash my back and shoulders. As he moved down to my breasts he hesitated.

"It's alright," I responded.

Dr. Reid was so kind and gentle. I did feel an improvement in my mood. As he began moving lower I felt pain in my pelvis followed by blood running down my leg. I quickly turned around.

"It's okay, Bianca. It's just a side effect of the trauma."

The tears that were welling up in my eyes quickly ran down my cheek. "I'm so embarrassed."

"I know, but it's okay," Dr. Reid responded, wrapping a towel around me and carrying me back to bed.

"The wounds will heal in time and I'll be here for you, while they do."

Present:
I woke up with a choking sensation. Blood erupted from my lungs burning my nose and throat. "What is happening?"

An EMT pushed me down. Turning my head, so I wouldn't choke. "It's going to be okay."

I felt Spencer's hand caress my cheek
Blood trickled down my lips

"Spence-"

"Shh. Just relax."

"I'm dizzy."

"She's losing oxygen."

I coughed, releasing more blood over Spencer's shirt.

"Oh, Bianca," he whispered as tears rolled down his face.

An EMT put an oxygen mask over my face and I was out again.