Chapter 2

Bianca

He drove me back to my apartment in his car. I was suddenly feeling very tired and not in the mood for buses.

"How's the team?" I asked, twisting my inhaler in my hand.

Spencer eyed the inhaler then turned his attention back to the road. "They are doing well. Morgan is trying to recruit me for his baseball team."

I smiled, " I'd come see you, if you played."

He looked at me, "There is no way that I'm going anywhere near a flying ball, and you know that."

I began to giggle, but then it turned into a coughing fit. He instinctively took one hand off the wheel and rested it on my leg. He was so caring.

"Bianca-"

"I'm okay, Spence." I wheezed shutting my eyes quickly as they began to water. I began to recall the techniques my doctor gave me. I finally was able to get myself under control and the coughing stopped.

"Maybe we should go see the doctor again," he pressed.

"Spence, there's not too much that can be done," I said quietly, leaning my head back.

He pulled into my driveway. I began to get out of the car, and started wheezing again. He rushed to my side of the car and walked along side me. Once I was inside, I injected myself with my medication and sat down on the couch. He sat next to me, and put his arms around me.

"Is it helping?" He asked.

"Yeah," I smiled.

"Good. I have to talk to you about something." He looked concerned.

"What is it?"

"Bruce is out on parole." My face flushed in anger, but my hands trembled in fear. Spencer softly kissed me on the cheek. I could tell he was trying to stay composed for me.

"Why?"

"I don't know, but we are going to keep you safe. What do you think about protective custody?"

" I want to still work."

He sighed. "Bruce knows where you work."

"Dance is one of the only things holding me together, and nobody else will hire me, because of my pulmonary issues. There has to be another option," I mumbled.

"Okay," Spencer responded. "We'll figure something out."

I leaned against his chest. I could tell he was on edge. "I still have the Star Trek you saved on my computer. Do you want to watch?"

He giggled, "You don't like Star Trek."

"It's not my favorite, but let's try it. We both need to wind down," I responded.  I grabbed my laptop and started the episode. He put his arm around me and kissed my head.

"I love you, Spence."

"I love you, B."