Chapter 13

Bianca

Flashback:
"Bruce. We can't just keep her like this. They will find us."

"They haven't found us yet."

"Have you watched the news lately? They brought the FBI in."

"Just a bunch of idiots who study behavior."

"Bruce-"

"Listen Damian, we're cleaning up the streets like you want. Let me do this."

"Bruce, the FBI's been here for three weeks. They aren't leaving until they get what they want."

"Well then they aren't leaving, Damian."

"Bruce. They are on to us."

"I don't recall you having an issue with that, when I helped you kill all those whores. Let me keep the Black Swan and we'll be even."

"Black Swan?"

"Yeah. You know. Like the movie."

I heard Bruce's heavy boots clank their way down to the basement. He pulled a chair up to mine. "How's your high, baby? Are you coming off of it yet?"

I spit blood in his direction, earning a harsh slap to the face, that almost made me lose consciousness.

"Want me to give you more H?" He taunted.

I violently shook my head.

"What are you afraid of, Bianca?"

I glanced down at my legs.

"Oh. You think you are so special. Listen to me, you will never dance for anyone else. You are staying here with us. So you better give up your dreams of getting out of here, and let the chips fall where they may."

Present:

I set something off and the nurse couldn't stop fidgeting with my IV. Spencer was vigorously pacing the length of the room. He turned towards the nurse, "What are you doing?"

"Her IV came out?"

"You know you should really be inserting the needle with the minimum angle parallel to the skin and-"

"Spencer," I interrupted. "I think she knows what she's doing."

"You're hurting her," he emphasized to the nurse, ignoring my comment.

"Am I?"

"No. No. I'm okay. Spencer, everything is okay."

He sat down in defeat, his legs shaking.

"Your veins are hard to find," the young nurse commented. Anger filled Spencer's eyes. He was about to speak, but I quickly held up my hand in dismissal. "I know," I explained. "I-I had exposure to heroin. The details are in my charts."

"Oh," she mumbled, quickly putting rubbing alcohol over the area my IV was in, and running out the door.

"What a bitch," Spencer commented.

"She's new. Just let her be," I explained. "Everything is fine."

"How are you not angry right now?" Spencer asked.

"Considering everything, I am pretty lucky," I said in defense.

Morgan came in, might I add, at the wrong time, and exclaimed, "who's getting lucky?"