Chapter 14

Spencer
Flashback

We should do something to celebrate her discharge," I suggested.

"You just want to go on a date with her," Emily clarified.

"No. No I don't."

"Yes you do."

I was silent for a moment.

"For what it's worth, I think she would say yes, if you asked."

"Do you think that's ethical, Emily."

"Obviously Bianca would need to consent, and you might need to fill out some paperwork for Hotch."

"Right," I responded.

"What are we talking about?" Bianca asked, as she came out of her session.

"Nothing," I blurted.

"So, have you officially graduated PT?" Prentiss asked.

"I have. Well, I'm going to probably head back to my apartment. I appreciate you both sitting here for my discharge session. You really didn't have to."

"We wanted to," I stated. Prentiss gave me a look.

"Bianca, um. Would you like to grab a coffee or something with me, sometime?" I scratched the back of my neck nervously and felt my ears heat up. "I mean, it doesn't need to be coffee."

"Sure," she simply said. "Let's do it."

"Bianca!" A member of the PT support staff called. "Can you come back here real quick. I need you to sign one more form for me."

"Okay."

Bianca followed the support staff member back to the room.

Prentiss rolled her eyes at me, "That wasn't so hard, now was it, Reid."

Present

"How do you feel about today?" Bianca asked me. I was reading the famous novel, "Rayuela."

"What do you mean?"

"The game today. How do you feel?"

I sighed, "You know I hate baseball. Most of my memories of sports are unpleasant."

"Maybe today will change that," she suggested.

"I'm not even going to play. Morgan just needs someone to bench."

"Well, benched or not, I'll be there cheering you on."

"You know you don't have to come, Bianca."

"You need a fan. Can I bring a sign?"

I smiled at her, "I'm going to ask you to please not do that."

"Noted. Who are you playing against again?"

"The Secret Service."
—————————————————————

When I got to the field, Morgan greeted me. "Tyson's wife had a baby last night, so today is your day to play second base."

"Wait what?"

"Uh huh?"

"I can't play second base."

"Yes you can. You're goona."

I noticed Rossi, JJ, and Prentiss in the stands. I pulled Morgan aside, "Why are they here?"

"Why don't you ask them yourself."

I walked over to the stands, "You guys came."

"Oh we were not going to miss this for the world," JJ exclaimed.

"Awesome," I sarcastically whispered.

"So," Prentiss began, "Secret Service, huh?"

"Yeah," Morgan responded. "Yeah we've yet to beat these chumps in five years."

"They've got nothing to do but practice," Rossi rationalized.

"And Party," Garcia added, throwing a baseball cap on top of my head."

"There he is," Morgan erupted with excitement. "Let's go, baby."

"No bench for you?" I turned around to see Bianca behind me. I could feel my cheeks growing a bright shade of pink.

"I guess not."

She gently took my hand, "You are going to be spectacular." She gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, before following Rossi to the stands.

"Can I have one of those too, Bianca?" Morgan joked.

"You are really going to ask that after all that I am currently doing for you," I exclaimed.

There was a pure rush of adrenaline that I received from hitting the home run that won the game. I understood why people did this. My body was buzzing, and I felt confident. Morgan was beside himself with pride. I ran over to meet Bianca in the stands. She threw her arms around me.

"I am so proud of you," Bianca exclaimed.

"I am too. Although, I truly hope I never have to do it again."

She laughed, and then looked up at me, with a soft expression. "I am so lucky to be part of your life," Bianca started.

"Because I am suddenly a genius at sports?"

"Sure, but in addition, you are the kindest and strongest person I know, Spencer."

I put my arm around her, and we walked back to Morgan.

"Okay, you were clearly holding back on me, kid."

"It was pure luck, Morgan."

"Either way," do we want to get some drinks to celebrate? I'll buy," Rossi offered.

I glanced down at Bianca. "What do you think?"

Bianca pulled her phone out of her pocket to check the time. "I actually have to start heading to The Sax, so I unfortunately cannot come along."

"You working tonight, Princess?" Morgan asked.

"I am."

"The headliner has to be there, doesn't she?" Rossi emphasized,

"That's how it works," Bianca said.

"Well can't we go there?" Penelope suggested.

"I don't see why not," Rossi responded.

"I'm always down to see Bianca perform," Morgan stated.

I gently kissed Bianca on the cheek, "I'll see you soon, then."

—————————————————————

The Sax was loud and drunk tonight. The atmosphere was chaotic. García clutched to Morgan, as we made our way to our seats. The men around me smelled strongly of alcohol and bar cheese.

"It feels different in here," Prentiss exclaimed.

"Yeah," I said curtly.

The music started. Male dancers began twirling around chairs. Then, they rolled Bianca onto the stage. She was in a cage, doing choreography to represent 'breaking free." She locked her fear-filled eyes with mine, and I felt her heart break inside my own chest. I was furious.