Chapter 25

Spencer

Wow that is a lot of stuff," JJ exclaimed, eyeing the bags I had gotten from the drugstore.

"Well these probiotics are to promote good lung health. Plus, calcium supplements. I can't let her bones become frail," I answered.

"So," JJ began, "Hotch has a team set up for tomorrow. It'll be us and some local law enforcement surrounding the set-up area. We're going to need Bianca to lure Bruce in."

I sighed, putting my groceries away.

"Spence," JJ cautioned.

"What?" I snapped.

"There's no reason to get mad at me. But you cannot ignore this. This is happening, tomorrow, whether you like it or not."

"I don't understand why you need her. Bruce slipped up. Two days ago, he got angry. He hit the victim so hard, that he died. Let's get him on that."

"We can't bring him in, if we can't find him, Spencer. And think of it this way, he'll finally be put behind bars, and you and Bianca can put all of this behind with him. We promised you that Bruce would make a mistake and-"

JJ was cut off by the unlocking of my apartment door. Bianca stepped in. "Hey, sorry that I didn't call before coming over. I was coaching. Can I take a shower here, real quick, before I head into work."

"Coaching?"

"One of the ensemble members. She is auditioning for Juilliard. I told her that I would help."

"Oh," I simply said.

"I didn't tell you about, Lindsey?" She asked.

"No," I answered.

"I'm sorry. I've only been doing it recently."

"No. It's okay. I just want you to save your strength, where you can."

"I will. I promise," she pranced up to me and gently kissed me. Then she turned to JJ, "I'm ready for tomorrow. Let's get him."
_____________________________
The Sax welcomed me with flashing red lights, and defined downbeats from a drum. I took my spot near the front of the stage. Tonight and Tomorrow, I was going to support Bianca, regardless of what my team, told me to do.

The music started and the theater went wild. Bianca performed her solo to perfection, and every single number after was spectacular.

______________________________________________
Sleep evaded me that night. There was so much riding on the next day. I thought about taking this case, over two years ago and all that occurred subsequently after. I wanted Bianca and I to finally have a life free of Bruce.

The DC wind was fierce in the early morning , as we drove to the designated area. It was the first time that I had seen the set up. To ensure Bianca's safety, as well as my own, I wasn't included in much of the set up.

"Spencer," she called, pulling me out of my deep thought.

"Yes,"

"Are you okay?"

"Yes. Just nervous. Trying to conjure up all of the different outcomes of the coming situation."

"I understand," Bianca responded. "It's going to work out. We have to believe."

"I know. And I do."

She nodded.

"How are you less worried than I am?"