Chapter 17

Bianca
Flashback
FBI, put your hands up"

I was probably dreaming. 'There is no way they are here', I thought. Bruce runs next to me, and digs a dirty syringe out of his pocket. I want to scream, but I can't. I'm too weak. He injects me with the heroin, and my heart starts beating out of my chest.

"If you say one fucking word, I'll kill you, Bianca. You hear me?"

"Yes," I replied. The door was kicked in, and I could feel the heroin kicking in with it. I started going out of consciousness. Bruce got tackled to the ground, and put in hand cuffs.

A man, rushed next to me. He gently put his hand to my neck. My eyes slowly opened to meet his.

"You are going to be okay. Just look at me, okay."

I nodded.

"What's your name?"

"Bianca."

He whispered into his radio, "I got her. She's with me. Her pulse, is weak, but she's responsive."

I began to cry. "He put something in me. I think it was heroin."

"When."

"A few minutes ago."

"We need a medic."

That was when the convulsions began. The man stayed with me, trying to calm me down. "Am I going to die?" I asked.

"No. We're going to get you help."

Present
I squirmed out of Spencer's arms, and started heading outside of the BAU.

"Bianca, you just-"

"I'm fine. This happens all the time, Spence."

He ran after me. "I know, but you can't just leave after you collapse like that"

"There is a lot of stuff going on."

"Which is why you need to stay here. I want to keep an eye on you."

"You promised that I could go to work tonight," I argued.

"God. Can't you care about anything besides your stupid job!" He stops dead in his tracks after the phrase leaves his lips.

"Is that really what you think? That I don't care?"

"I didn't mean for it to come off that way."

Prentiss runs to meet us outside, and proceeds to ask," What is going on with you two?"

I ignore her and turn all of my attention to Spencer. "Just yesterday, you told me to not give up. That's what I'm doing: not giving up. Isn't that what you wanted?"

"Yes, but you're being absolutely careless right now?"

Tears sting my eyes. "I'm doing the best I can. I'm trying to make you feel comfortable about this, but I'm not going to let this ruin me. I cannot let Bruce have the upper hand."

"Fine. Do what you want. Leave."

"What?"

"I need some space."

"Reid," Prentiss cautions, "Hotch has to ask her some questions."

"Okay, then take her to his office," Spencer responds, leaving me.

I feel the heat rush to my cheeks, as I turn to Prentiss. We stand in silence for a moment.

"Are you okay?" Prentiss asks, breaking it.