Chapter 5

♕

It's been two weeks since she learned the truth. She still mourns and she can't say things have gone better for her. Days would go slow. She would eat and mostly stay in her room. Although she did manage to find friendship through Princess Jennie, the latter introduced her to her closest friends and for that she is thankful. They make her forget the feeling that she doesn't belong anywhere, even for a short moment. She would often think her existence has no purpose. And spending time with Princess Jennie and her friends helps her take her mind off those kinds of thoughts. Occasionally she would think maybe, just maybe, she can move on.

She sat outside by the garden, her new favorite spot, with a book on her hand. "Your grace." a servant bowed to her and placed a tray of tea and snacks on her table. She looked at the servant confusedly. "Is there something wrong your grace? Would you like me to get you something else?" the servant said nervously. "No, I don't recall asking for this." she said not really wanting to sound rude. "I a-apologize your grace, I was told--" the servant stuttered. "It's alright, you can leave it here." she cut her off and thanked her with a smile. She took a sip of her tea and proceeded to read the book that is in her hand. Her daily routine would include reading books. She would either be at the library or at the garden, mostly at the garden because of the flowers that blooms around it. Reading would often help her mind wander off reality. It provides her a moment of peace.

Soon after, her vision doubles and her lids started getting heavy. She had a feeling that someone's watching her before her eyes shut close completely. It only took a moment until drowsiness took over her. With swift movements, a man came as soon as she fell unconscious and the book falling from her grasp. The man hurriedly carried her making sure no one has seen him and took her by the stable where he put her in a carriage. Inside the carriage waits another man to watch over her. They set off quickly disguising as one of the servants using the gate behind the palace where servants usually go in and out.

Anna Lisa...

It has been about half an hour since she was abducted. She opened her eyes groggily and she swore she heard her mother call out her name. She felt her hands tied behind her as she struggled to sit up and steady herself. "I wouldn't try that if I were you." the man watched her as she tried to free herself. "Who are you?! And where are you talking me?!" she told him with authority. "I have orders to take you to my lord. Unfortunately for me, my lord needs you alive. So, we don't mean you harm. For now." he snickered.

"Untie me! This is treason! I am a princess." she told him with anger. "My lord will have my head if I let you escape. Now shut up before I lose my patience." Suddenly they felt their body shook vigorously as the carriage passed a rocky road until the carriage abruptly stopped. She heard the horse neighing as it struggled to push the carriage forward since the wheel of the carriage got stuck on a big block of rock. "What now?! We cannot afford delay!" the man said angrily as he opened the carriage door to check what's going on.