Chapter 15

♕ 

♕ 

She entered their chambers after a long day of meeting for the upcoming visit of a few important nobles in their Kingdom. Jake had entrusted her and Jennie in over seeing these preparations as it would benefit the Kingdom if they pledge their support for the king. She was surprised that Jake entrusted her with this duty. It wasn't very unfamiliar to her—she grew up with rulers all her life after all—if anything she was outstanding. She might be quiet and reserved most of the time, but the moment she spoke her plan of actions, she did it so—with much confidence and authority. It was like she's always been born to be a Queen.

She stepped out the wash chambers dressed in her chemise and noticed her husband already fast asleep. Slipping in between her soft bed and satin sheets, she decided to stay up for a little bit more and reached onto her book at the nightstand. After reading a few pages, her mind wandered to the events that happened the day before.

Jake had took her out for a tour in the City, of course with Jennie's great insistence. With the king's presence, only a fool would attempt to harm them. But still, they were safeguarded heavily with royal guards as they are the monarchs of the kingdom, one cannot be so careless. She was thankful for it, for she hasn't seen much of the city then and couldn't really tell what sort of changes it underwent over the years. Jake had introduced her to important people and showed her around the beautiful city like a dutiful guide. It was as if she's seen him in a different light, how he talked to his people—titled or untitled. He knew the names of the merchants they walked by in the market place, played with the kids that are running around and with much respect, he greeted the women who would talk to him—many of which—she noticed are enamored with him. That day he was strong, dignified and regal in a way that's quite admirable. She couldn't help a smile on her face.

Rustling of cloths brought her out of her musing. She looked at the direction to where her husband sleeps, shifting uncomfortably. His blanket draped down his hips as he kicked and stretched it. Her eyes widened and a blush crept up her cheeks as she gazed at his now very well exposed abdomen due to his hitched up soft tunic. Her eyes moved to his broad shoulders and his exposed muscled chest thanks to his plunged baby blue soft tunic. She didn't realize how smoothly sculpted his body was into perfection.

She watched as he shifted uncomfortably on his tiny space. He kicked his blanket once again as if he wanted it to cover him all the way his toes. He kicked and turned and—thud!

His body met the floor. He immediately sat up and scanned the room menacingly, ready to fight any intruder hidden in plain sight.

"Oh my!" Lisa hurriedly ran up to him.

She knelt down in front of him to his level in an attempt to help him. She was about to reach out to him when his eyes fell on her pointedly, making her draw her hands back. "Wha--?" he said with his voice hoarse and obviously confused. His tone leaving nothing but amusement, to her at least.