Chapter 38

♕

Pathetic and a fool.

That's what she is. She stayed tucked in that corner, silently weeping for what felt like forever. Hidden away from everyone.

From him.

She wants the pain to stop. It hurts so much. She wanted to forget what happened. Forget all the good memories with him.

Forget him.

And this was only the beginning, the beginning of pain. She didn't want to see him, not when her heart ached, so brutally that she had realized it had been somehow repaired over the past months.

Repaired by him.

And now it hurts. She knows this feeling far too well. Coming back only to break her—piece by piece. She knew happiness has its price—and this was it.

"Lisa?" a voice came from the corner. The pain robbed her body of its strength, she couldn't even will herself to look up.

"Lisa is that you?" she knew that voice. It was lady Jizelle.

"Oh my! Lisa what happened to you?" she asked.

She finally looked up but couldn't get herself to speak a word and could only manage to shake her head. Her lips quivered as tears line up her reddened eyes once again. She didn't want to talk about it, she couldn't.

Jizelle hurriedly knelt beside her and enveloped her in a hug without knowing what is going on. She let her cry and cry, gently rubbing her back. It broke her heart seeing Lisa in such state. What could possibly have happened?

It took her a while, but when Lisa calmed down, she pulled away from her. It didn't seem the right moment for her to ask what happened, so she wiped Lisa's tears away.

"Let's get you out of here." Jizelle said softly having noticed that the queen is still in her night gown.

Upon hearing so, Lisa tugged her hands away. "I c-can't go back to my chambers."

Jizelle frowned. Did they get in a fight? But she didn't dare ask. She scanned Lisa's face once more and then gripped her hand, helping her to stand on her feet. Leading the queen to her own chambers, no words were exchanged and Lisa was thankful for it. And all the while she didn't let go of her hand, instead she held it tight as if telling her she isn't alone despite the silence around them.

"You can stay here...for a while." Jizelle told her once they got into her room. She was quite hesitant to say the last words. Lisa knew she couldn't hide forever, she just needed solitude and quiet and Jizelle understood that.

"You can use my wash chambers onto the right, there are dresses in there that I haven't used feel free to choose to your liking. I will send food for you and I'll check on you in three hours, is that okay?"