Chapter 9

♕

"He did?" Jennie asked in surprise. She couldn't believe her brother, the king, apologized. Lisa did not go into much details such as her and the king listing his bad behaviors. She herself was surprised and did not expect him to apologize. Even so, she was thankful that he did. She felt a little weight lifted off her chest.

She's still scared of what the future holds, especially with a loveless union. He went back to his normal self. He didn't pay much attention to her, which she didn't mind. It's not like they became friends after their conversation. But they're more civil. He wasn't unfriendly or unwelcoming. He would bow his head to her when needed but that's about it. Again, she's completely fine with it. She did not expect anything more than that.

"I suppose I should talk to him and apologize." Jennie told her looking guilty. "You haven't talked to him since?" Lisa looked at her questioningly. "He is your brother. And the king. Besides, his emotions were valid and he apologized for his actions."

"I admit. I felt bad and selfish when we had that little argument. I was just too prideful to admit it." she told her with regret. "I must go and talk to him." she stood up and gave her a smile before leaving.

She now sits by herself by the garden. This day have been busy for her. She was more involved in the wedding preparations. From the last fitting of her dress to the approval of the flowers that decorates the event. In four days, she'll be married. She grew more nervous each day. She tried convincing herself that after the wedding, it would go back to the way it is. The king busy with his work and her with her usual routine—even though she's still adjusting. She just need to get past this wedding, she told herself.

She enjoyed peace once more as she tilted her head and watch the clouds drift away. She closed her eyes and inhaled fresh air. Tilting her head back down, about to start reading the book she picked out from the library when she saw one of the servants walking towards her way. "Oh no." she whispered to herself, she wasn't ready to go back and go over another exhausting session of 'wedding preparation'.

She stood up and tried to hide herself behind the hedgerow. She now watches the servant turn in full circle in confusion looking for her. She silently laughed at the servant's facial expression, which somehow caused the servant to look at her way once again. She backed up and hid herself once more. After a minute or two, she peeked through where she's hiding and watched the servant turn the other way. Once the servant was gone, she let out a giggle feeling victorious and proud.

She looked out to make sure the coast is clear before she goes back to her reading spot. Just then, someone leaned over her shoulder and spoke "What are you doing?"