Chapter 7: Guard the Key

No. This can't be happening, not again!

Lust dropped his phone on the carpet of his living room floor.

His boss had texted him to not come to work today, as he had been fired. Lust had been working at that restaurant for two weeks, and he thought he'd been doing good. The fact that this happened every single time he got a job, Lust felt like he had the worst luck ever.

He didn't have enough money to pay for the rent right now, and it was due in the next three days! Life sucks for him right now.

He had studied days and nights to get a scholarship to his dream college, and he did. Then, he got his dream job. Lust had only worked there for a month before he got randomly fired. Every boss had never explained why, and it made Lust want to go break everything he owned.

Why did this happen every time? Did he do something wrong? Lust knew he wore revealing clothes, but other coworkers have done much worse, and they weren't fired.

What did he do to deserve this? Lust is going to become homeless, seeing as his parents lived far away and were far too poor to help him. This was the cheapest and smallest apartment he could find, and there were no roommates. Why would there be? This place is absolutely disgusting.

The only item of worth that Lust had was that key, and there's no way he'd be selling that. Lust always had it on him, seeing as it valued so much importance to him. Why was it important to him? He didn't know, really.

It just felt like it deserves his full attention, even if that doesn't count as much. One time one of his bosses had asked for that key, and when Lust declined; he was fired on the spot. Something was going on, and it was trying to take every bit of life off of Lust. And whatever it was, it's not getting that key from him.

He realized he was just staring at his phone on the ground, standing there. Hesitantly, he picked up the phone, looking around the apartment. He'd been here for a month, and had tried to clean it up the best he could, but it was to no avail. Bugs still roam around the area, it reeks of some strange smell that Lust had gotten used to by now. There were strange scratches on the furniture, and messed up pieces. Lust's bedroom was just a mattress with a pillow and a blanket in an empty room.

It was all a mess, his own life falling apart before his very own eyes. And all Lust could do, was watch. Well, he could always slow it down, getting a bunch of different jobs. Can someone live off of odd jobs? Maybe.

Lust didn't want to go back to that one job. The one that he had quit himself instead of getting fired, a stripper. It was awful, and Lust had gotten a few habits that he wished he didn't have from that. He'll try to get as many odd jobs as possible, but first; he needed breakfast. You can't go out on an empty stomach, you'd be torturing yourself.

Shuffling over to the tiny kitchen, Lust opened the pantry to get himself some cereal. It was almost completely empty, a great example of how poor he currently was. Lust ignored it, grabbing the lone box of cereal and quickly snatching a bowl from one of the cupboards.

What's the difference between cereal before milk, or milk before cereal? That's right, nothing. Absolutely nothing. Lust had always pondered and had switched to milk before cereal for an experiment. It tasted the same, and he got a habit of always doing that. Just one of those stupid things that Lust had questioned when he was younger.

But whatever happened, Lust didn't care anymore. He had gone so low, he no longer worried of terrible things happening to him, since he'd gone through way too many of them. Lust would much rather get in some sort of coma and never wake up, seeing as he would live a pretty stress free life. Just sleeping forever, but not exactly dying.