Chapter 16: Two Ravens

"So, these key thingies are, uh, important?" Geno asked, poking at Reaper's key, which was held in the owner's hand.

"Yeah, they unlock something dangerous." For once, Reaper wasn't flirting with him. Maybe because the key was actually a very serious topic; but that's never really stopped him from joking around. Probably with the fact that he had some relation with the keys, being a guardian and all.

"What's so dangerous that they needed to be scattered and kept away with their own separate guardians so they don't unlock it?" Good question, Geno.

"I...don't know, really." It's what he had been asking himself for a while. Error had started getting protective over his key, which made sense. He became a guardian, simply because Reaper can't have two keys.

A guardian can't have more than one key, so Reaper entrusted the haunted forest key to Error.

Geno didn't take it, not like he didn't understand the importance of it. Just that Geno actually has a job and goes in public might be more risky than for Error to have it.

A key's tint changes depending on its guardian, Reaper's key had turned black when he found it, immediately signalling that he became the guardian. It doesn't really matter what you've done or who you are, the keys will attach themselves to you.

Before Error became its guardian, the key had a dark blue tint. Now, it still does, but a weird thing happened.

It had started to glitch.

"Reaper?" He turned towards Geno, snapped out of his thoughts.

"You've been quiet, are you thinking for once?" Reaper slightly smirked.

"You know, Geno, you can just tell me you like my compliments." His face turned visibly red, before glaring at the flirty skeleton.

"I do not. You're just usually blabbing on about useless stuff and then you suddenly went quiet-"

"Were you worried, sweetheart~?"

"N-NO!" He had hidden half of his face with his scarf.

Reaper chuckled; he was about to continue with the merciless teasing when his phone got a text.

Error: Holy shiz I found my online friend

Reaps: What

Error: You know that friend that I'm always texting

Reaps: OMG YOU MET THEM?!

Error: Yes

Reaps: What are they like

Error: Hes an artsy shortie of a skeleton thats named Ink

Reaps: I'm gonna have to meet him

Reaps: You with him right now?

Error: He's reading this right now

Error: HE DIDN'T APPROVE OF THE DESCRIPTION

Reaps: You alive bro

Reaps: Bro?

The silence continued, indicating this friend of his had cut him off. Not like Error's gonna die, so Reaper's chill about it.

Geno was still a few meters away from him, keeping his distance. His blushing had calmed down a bit, but he was still red, as well as still tucking that scarf over his mouth.

"Looks like Error found a new friend." That got Geno's attention.

"Really?"

"I mean, not exactly new."