Chapter 24: Hey, is that Blood on Your Bag?

There were a lot of people walking around, the sound of their repetitive footsteps being drowned out by the ever so annoying noise of vehicles whizzing on by. Chatter was also an irritating background noise, as everyone met up with others to talk about various pointless topics. A great way to ignore it is to listen to a much better sound, music.

Which is what Geno did. Phone in his pocket, with the headphone wires trailing up from the phone to the headphones. A bag of groceries in his hand. Not that much, they weren't particularly running out of anything, even though Error and Fresh eat like pigs.

He had just thought it would be useful when he was here.

Geno had a job in a retail store, which is a pretty annoying job. He was probably the one who worked the most, really. Stocking everything so they don't run out, cleaning the messes customers always left behind, dealing with all the sh*tty people that come in. Yeah, it was a pain. But his manager was reasonable, and payed him what he rightfully earned since he did most of the work.

That's what Geno needed, it was hard to get enough money for the him and his two younger brothers.

After all, that wasn't his only job, Geno also worked part time at a small restaurant in one of the parks in the forest. But he didn't work in that one as much as the retail job. Error's tried to work part time before, but he always got fired due to his behaviour and such. So he mainly stuck to one time jobs, while Fresh didn't have anything.

He's pretty lucky Reaper didn't catch him anywhere when he was working. That would be such a terrible pain, having to deal with that *sshole during his jobs. Not only was it irritating that he always flirted with Geno nonstop, he also manages to catch the smaller off guard.

I really need to stop thinking about that moron. Yeah, Reaper's been getting in his head basically every five minutes. As much as Geno tried to deny it, he may like Reaper a...small bit.

Okay, a lot more than that.

Oh, how he did not wanna think about that numskull right now.

Taking a right turn down a street, Geno angrily muttered to himself; probably seeming crazy to nearby citizens. Not like he cared, they can mind their own d*mn business.

Just a few more blocks and he can fly off to home. Geno can't do it in complete animal form, he'll just have to take the monster form with wings. As a raven, he wouldn't be able to make the groceries smaller to be easy to carry. And he can't pull out the wings now because of public eye. Or maybe he could get to the rooftop of another skyscraper.

Nah, that'd take too long.

As he maneuvered around the very annoying and problematic crowd, Geno could barely see anything. Well, nothing above could be visible to him. All the people around him were blocking his vision. Mainly because he's shorter than the average height of a monster or human.

As if he'd admit that, he could still knock someone out.

Trying to weave through, a human girl whizzed past, forcing Geno to back up quickly. Before Geno could give an angry retort, the girl stopped and turned to look at him frantically. What on earth did they want now?

"Hey, can you take this for me? Thanks, bye!" And with that, she ran past with the most fearful expression Geno had ever seen.

She had handed him a small dark blue bag, it seemed like a women's handbag. He stood there for a while, utterly dumbfounded.

He was about to look at it more closely, when his soul made him feel...odd. A sense of unease crept up Geno's spine. Looking back at the crowd, he gazed around, trying to pinpoint where the bad feeling was coming from. Then he saw something.