Chapter 32: Reunited

This took a while to go through, so uhh...yeah.
Second last chapter, and the next one is probably gonna be longer than this one! So get excited!

(Also, please be on the lookout for spelling mistakes, since this chapter is fudging long.)

Killer's soul kept beating faster and faster as they all descended down through the stairs. He just wanted to burst though and get Dream, but alas, he had to wait. Otherwise, their whole sneak in entrance will be ruined.

Currently, Nightmare was in the lead, Horror right behind him, and Lust behind Horror.

Unlike most of the others, Killer didn't feel nervous or fearful for what might happen. He just wanted Dream. All he wants is to trap that adorable guardian in a hug and never let him go. He's so going to be using his animal form, for a vicious german shepherd barging through the lab was catastrophic, and that's exactly what he wants.

While Killer was plotting the destruction of this building and organization, he didn't even notice they had reached the bottom of the stairs, until he bumped into Lust. Noticing the end of the stairway, Killer glanced over to what was preventing them from moving forward.

A teal door with white edges stood in front of them, oddly looking like a bathroom door. Nightmare grabbed the doorknob, and it easily opened with no problem whatsoever.

"What?" He stared at the door suspiciously, before peeking his head out to probably check for anyone waiting on the other side.

A long bit of silence followed, as everyone waited for him to give any sort of signal. A few seconds later, he turned his head and nodded, casually strolling through like he was entering his own house. Killer felt Cross hurriedly brush past him, noticeably worried about the smol careless skeleton.

"Nightmare, be cautious."

"Of what? I checked, there was nothing."

"I know you want to get to Dream, but we need to be careful."

Nightmare was about to open his mouth for a retort, but then hesitantly closed it, finally thinking the logic through. Unfortunately, Killer wasn't thinking. He rushed forward, now taking the lead and stopping to take in all the details.

Unlike the the little staircase and shack they had been in, it wasn't old, or run down. Everything was completely white, as Classic had described before, and there was barely any distinguishing features. Except for the occasional puddle of black goo, to which Nightmare was the most curious over.

"Don't touch it!" Cross let out, grabbing Nightmare's hand away from the goop.

"Why? What does it do?" The smaller asked, not bothering to remark about how Cross was still holding his hand.

"If I were to guess, I'd say it's similar to the stuff on the trees." The guardian answered, and before he could continue, Classic, who was near, joined in on the conversation.

"I'd say they're the same substance, and one might be modified and changed. Or it could be different states of matter." He theorized.

"Wait, so if it acts like the black powder stuff on the trees, doesn't that mean this slime had been covering something?" Nightmare asked, now grabbing everyone's attention.

Ink kneeled down next a nearby puddle, gazing down at his almost not visible reflection through it. He brought his hand up to his chin, putting up a thinking pose.

"Yeah, but the trees can't really move, and we don't know what type it was before. But those scythe arm creatures could move, and they kind of resembled a body." By now, everyone had stopped and were inspecting the puddles, except for Killer, who was leaning on a wall and watching everyone curiously look at the slime. He desperately wanted to go get Dream, like right now.