Chapter 22: Nightmare doesn't like Romance

He felt terrible.

Not in any guilty way, but the sick way. Cross wanted to throw up so badly, like that would help anything.

He felt nauseous, and couldn't see anything.

Well, duh; he didn't have his eye sockets open.

At least he was comfortable, probably in bed or something. But this didn't feel like the bed that he slept in at Dream and Nightmare's place. The blanket felt softer, well, that's what Cross thought.

What happened?

They were on some kind of mission. Cross used his animal form to keep hidden. Basically the one good thing about that stupid animal form.

They found someone. That someone attacked them, then they went for Lust.

I remember running towards...

His eye sockets shot open, as sat up with lightning speed, checking his surrounding area.

They were back at Dream's place. Everyone was asleep, all peacefully as if nothing had happened.

"Huh, that did not take you long, did it?" Nightmare's voice startled him, as Cross whipped his head towards the octopus. A book was in his hand, and the taller had his right leg over the other, a comfortable reading position. Cross was laying across the couch, Nightmare on the other side.

"Wh-What happened?" He inwardly winced as his voice came out scratchy and weak, as well as a stutter.

"I...I was stabbed." Cross turned his head to his shoulder, no signs of a knife having been embedded into it. Actually, it showed his bare bone shoulder, seemed like that part got torn. A small scar lay there, a little memento of that very painful moment.

Cross had never been stabbed, and he's unlucky to have. Who knows what this sort of poison could do. Not only did it paralyze him, he probably can't do anything right now. He feels incredibly sick, especially in the head.

"Yes, and now you're healed. Dream's an expert." He glanced at the sleeping ball of positivity, currently cuddled up in a position with Killer. That's going to be a surprising awaken.

So Dream also healed. It should have been obvious, since any monster siblings were known to have similar magic. Well, Nightmare's magic doesn't seem to show that many same attributes to Dream. They were like those cliche twins that were the complete opposite.

Cross spotted the human limp on a wooden chair. Hatred formed in the half of his soul, as he fought the urge to summon a knife and kill the human.

They didn't seem like they were in that good of shape anyway. Despite wearing a cloak, he could see the dried blood that coated their leg, maybe some of his own was there.

"So, I doubt that poison thing just had about an hour of paralysis, or did it?" That's what Cross thought, there's absolutely no use for that. It was odd.

But then the question was answered, as Cross hurried to the quickest bathroom, clutching his stomach.

He threw up, as the action burned his ribs so bad Cross felt like he was going to throw up again from just that. The bile that came running down his throat was black, almost looking exactly like the poison. What if it affected his entire blood stream?

Cross was on his knees at the point, his throat aching and sore, as the world spun around him.

There were a few pauses, as if his body was giving him mercy before he was thrown back into the pain. It was awful, but then there finally was an end.