Chapter 13: I Promise

He was seeing things, he must have been. It was all a nightmare, right? What was that thing? Why did it have the desire to kill him? What did he do?

Classic ran through the corridor, panting while still running, trying to keep his breath in check. Man, he was a terrible runner, he always just teleported everywhere. But he couldn't do that right now.

Red's in trouble, and it was all Classic's fault. If he just wasn't there that day, he wouldn't have been harmed. He wouldn't have been suffering just as much as Classic. He'd be back home, watching TV, and casually eating snacks. But no, Classic had to feel lonely and visit Red, and now, look where they are. Well, he didn't know where he was, really.

Taking a turn to the left in the seemingly endless maze that he was trapped in, Classic hid behind the corner. He quickly steadied his breath, trying to be as silent as possible. Slowly, he peeked around the corner, to catch a glimpse of whatever was chasing him.

The dark grey hallway had nothing in it, just the bright lights occasionally flickering on and off. There were tons of doors all around the corridor, but Classic had been too busy to go into any of the rooms. He would have trapped himself, and the attacker surely would have caught him.

Classic had only caught glimpses of the creature, so he wanted to know exactly what it looked like. Even if that would have given him nightmares, Classic would prefer to know than be ignorant.

Then, slowly; a dark figure stepped into the hallway. Well, more like slid into the hallway. It was horrifying, a tall slender creature that was trailing a black substance wherever it went. It had two hands, that's ends were of a scythe, Classic didn't wanna be on the receiving ends of those. Goop covered its entire body, constantly dripping off the hideous being.

But the face, that was terrifying. Two white blank eyes that looked it had been cut open, a dark grey substance was dripping down from eye. Classic had hit it with a bone, but it seemed like it had just absorbed the bone. So, like any idiot, Classic had ran away.

A wide white smile spread across its face, seemingly permanent. It was always twitching, the magic aura that it had was menacing. Still, there were bones sticking out of its back, again, from Classic. The bones were currently being engulfed by the goop, covered in some sort of grey blood.

The creature had yet to have discovered Classic in the other hallway, and he wanted to keep it that way. Classic turned and ran through the corridors, having lost that wretched thing. He stopped at a while of running, realizing the freak was never going to catch up to him. Pausing, before resting his hands on his knees, he panted hard, loudly. Classic felt the violent urge to throw up. Not like it would do him any good, really.

After a while of that, he started walking around, now he was just wandering. Couple of minutes had passed, and he had yet to find anything useful. There wasn't any cameras in the building, not that Classic was aware of though; but that might be because of the fact that this building was freaking huge. Classic's hand was covered in a red liquid that was for once not ketchup. However, it wasn't his own. Red had been hurt while trying to fight one of those things.

They were both knocked unconscious, and Classic was stripped of his phone and key. He had the key on him at that time, and they were chilling in Red's house, since his older brother had gone to a party. Those creatures had snuck in, and kidnapped the two.

They had managed to escape when awake, but not without injuries. Classic had a wound on his arm, and Red got his leg damaged. The two had been forced to split up because of those... beasts.

Wherever Red was, Classic hoped he was safe. He can't even imagine what would happen if Red was in terrible condition...or worse.

Shivering, Classic opened a door in the hallway, peeking his head through. He had been doing this for a while, and all the rooms were really just randomly blank. One time, there was a bright light in the room, revealing an uncomfortable white wooden chair in the middle of the room. There was a shelf on the wall, gathering dust for who knows how long. Classic didn't like it, it looked like some sort of interrogation room or something.