Chapter 22 • Tastes So Sweet

After I get Maggie settled in her bed with a chew toy to keep her occupied, I feel around for the back of the couch with my hand and I move to sit down on the end. JJ's enticing suggestion of using the chocolate sauce has me both excited and a little nervous, having never used any condiment for anything other than food.

The sexy sound of Sugar by Lenny Kravitz begins to play and I smirk at her song choice, smoothing my sweaty palms on my trousers.

"Did you choose this song on purpose?"

"Of course I did. Mind if I use your microwave?"

"I don't mind at all," I say, pushing my sunnies further up my nose. "In fact, help yourself to anything; turn on any light you need. Oh, and just let me know if you move anything around, uhm, please. I have where everything is placed memorized."

"Of course," she simply says and I hear the sound of the microwave working.

Several awkward seconds pass with us not saying anything and the microwave beeps over the faint rumble of thunder in the distance. I hear her open the door and shut it once again and I feel her presence, inhaling the faint scent of her perfume.

"Now we have hot fudge, and a spoon and a towel. I took them from the counter," she says, sitting down next to me.

"That's fine. Like I said, help yourself to anything."

"Anything, hey? I'll keep that in mind," she says with a tilt in her voice. "Care for some dessert?"

"Yeah," I grin, turning to face her.

"Mm, it smells divine. Wanna smell it?" she asks, placing her hand on mine to guide me and I feel the warm jar.

I bring it up to my nose and inhale the sweet confection, "It smells really good."

"It's Godiva; the best, in my opinion," she says so matter-of-factly, lowering our hands to our laps. "Wanna taste?"

"Christ," I breathlessly laugh. "Oh, you mean the chocolate?"

"Hm, for now," she muses, guiding my hand to hers. "My fingertip has some on it."

I bring her finger up to my mouth and I surround it with my lips to lick all the chocolate. She slowly brings her finger from my mouth and I lick my lips.

"Good?" she asks and I nod in answer. "Uh-oh, you have a little bit of chocolate on your lip, love. Mind if I take care of that for you?"

I smirk, "Don't mind at all."

Cupping my cheek with her hand, she leans in closer and presses her lips against my cheek. She takes her time kissing her way to the corner of my mouth and the tip of her tongue drags across my bottom lip, making me gasp and her lips capture mine in a kiss.

I groan, placing my hand on top of hers and I let my hand feel its way up her arm to around her shoulder. As our heads tilt the opposite way, I splay my hand on her back to pull her closer to me and she moans against my lips.

She leans back, ultimately ending our kiss and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Mm, yummy. It's my turn to lick now," she says, guiding my hand to the jar.

With her holding it for me, I feel around for the edge with my fingertips and I dip my index finger inside. After scooping some warm, gooey chocolate sauce, I hold it up for her.

"Taste?"

She hums in answer and I inhale sharply at the feel of her tongue slowly licking the chocolate off the side of my finger. Her lips surround my fingertip, taking their time sliding down my finger and it makes me think of what other body part of mine she could do that to.