Chapter 34 • First Impression

"Drive home safely."

"I will, I promise," she replies in a serious tone and the sound of her car door shutting startles me. "We'll talk later, yeah?"

"Mhm," I hum with a nod, feeling her hand on my shoulder. I let go of Maggie's harness and place my hands on her waist. "I had a lovely time with you, especially this morning."

"You had a nice time?" she giggles and I nod with a teasing hum. "I had a lovely time with you. It was definitely unexpected, that's for sure."

"Sometimes the best things are unexpected," I offer and she agrees with a hum.

I feel her presence closer and I tilt my head down, inviting her for a kiss. I inhale sharply at the feel of her lips on mine, gripping her waist to pull her even closer to me. The sound of a car honking while passing by makes us smile, ultimately ending our kiss.

"I guess it's not that common for people to snog on the side of the road."

"Yeah, maybe they're just jealous," I joke, earning a laugh. "Alright, I know you have to get going, even though I wouldn't complain if you stayed here with me all day."

"You'd get sick of me really quick if I stayed all day."

"Mm, I'd never, love," I pat her hips and I feel her hands taking mine to hold between us.

"Before I go, I have something to ask you," she sighs and I can sense a change in her attitude.

"What is it, JJ?"

"You can say no if you want to, I won't be upset . . . I mean I'd be a tad upset but not for the reason you'd think," she pauses to blow out a minty breath and I wait for her to continue. "My parents are hosting Thanksgiving dinner on the Saturday after the actual holiday because my mum doesn't allow herself to go over her allotted calories during the weekdays, but that's not important. Anyways, my gramps, auntie and cousin and his husband will be there and . . . and I was wondering if you'd like to come with me."

I raise my eyebrows in surprise, "Really? You want me to meet your family?"

"Yes. I want to introduce them to my boyfriend."

"Then if that's the case, I'd love to go with you, JJ," I pucker my lips and she kisses me. "Thank you for inviting me."

"Of course. We'll firm up the details later, yeah?"

"Sure sure, I know you have to get going now. Drive safely-, damn, I already said that, but I still mean it. Call me later, well shit, I said that already, too, but I still mean that, too," I huff out a breath and she giggles. "Okay, okay, get going now."

I lean down in anticipation of one more kiss and I'm pleasantly surprised at finding her lips on the first try. Our kiss ends with a little sound and I peck her lips one more time for good measure.

"Mm, I need to go, but I don't want to," she playfully whines, moving in closer to hug me and she rests her head on my chest.

As I hold her in my arms, I smile softly in complete contentment and I kiss the top of her head, inhaling the fruity aroma of her shampoo. It's like I have to force myself to let go of her, but knowing we'll talk on the phone later helps somewhat.

"Alright, I'm off to the market for a few groceries, then I'll go home to feed my fishies. I'll call you later, yeah?"

"I anticipate your call," I smirk at her, reaching down for the harness. "Alright, we're gonna visit with Gem and Michal now."

"Sounds like fun. Bye-bye, Maggie. Thank you for letting me spend time with Harry this weekend. Yeah, you're a good girl," she coos and I beam with pride like a parent with their child. "Bye, Harry," she pecks my lips. "Three small words."