Chapter 47 • The Whole Night

"And we're here," I say while slowly bringing the car to a stop in front of the house and I turn off the engine. I turn towards Harry and he turns his head towards me, pushing his sunnies further up his nose. "Thank you for a lovely time tonight."

"You're quite welcome, love. I had a lovely time with you," he reaches out his hand for mine and I place mine in his. As our fingers entwine, he exhales a breath and his thumb languidly caresses my skin. "You know I learned something about you tonight that I've been trying to figure out ever since our first date."

"Yeah? What was it?" I ask and he smirks.

"You make a satisfied breath after you take a sip of your drink."

"I do? How?"

"After you take a drink, and I've noticed this with any type of drink; apple cider, water, wine, you always go 'ahhh' after you uhm, swallow, and it's the cutest thing. I've always heard you do it, but I didn't put it together that that's what it was. So now I always know when you're drinking something."

I furrow my eyebrows together while I rack my brain to remember doing what Harry is saying that I do. My water bottle in the cup holder catches my attention and I grab it, wanting to prove whether it's in fact true. I take a sip, unintentionally crinkling the plastic and I swallow the cool liquid.

"Ahhh," I exhale a breath and my eyes widen. "Oh my gosh, you're right."

He laughs, "Told you."

"Yeah, but I didn't realize . . . oh no . . . what else do you hear that I do without me knowing it."

An evil grin tugs at his lips as he slides his hand over to my thigh and it rests on my waist. I lean in closer and wrap my arm around his shoulder and peck his lips. The hint of garlic and tomato sauce is fresh on our lips and I close my eyes, tilting my head to the left. As our lips meet in a slow kiss, I inhale sharply through my nose and curl my fingers into his hair.

The tip of his tongue tickles my bottom lip and I part my mouth to his, scooting my body even closer. A sharp jab in my thigh takes me by surprise and lean back, trying to catch my breath.

"What's wrong?" he asks, apparently out of breath as I am.

"This isn't the most comfortable place to snog."

"Oh. Uhm, Would you like to go inside now? I guarantee my sofa is more comfortable, and my bed more so."

My grin matches his, "Okay. Let's go inside. I'll get Maggie then come around."

He nods and I take the keys from the ignition before getting out. I walk around to the passenger side door and open it to let Maggie out.

"Good girl, yeah, we're home. Are you excited? Yeah, c'mon, let's get Harry now."

He's already opened the door and I reach for his hand to help guide him out of the car.

"Thank you, love. I'll take Maggie now, if you don't mind."

"Don't mind at all. Ready?"

"Yes, but I'm sure she'll want to make a pit stop by her favourite bush."

"Of course. I don't blame her one bit."

With Harry's hand on my elbow, we make our way to the backyard and we make the pit stop for Maggie just like he said we would. It's a little chilly and it makes me wish I worn trousers or my jeans, but I wanted to wear a dress for this special date.

"I hear her scratching. That just mean she's done. Ready to go inside now?"

"Yes. It's a little nippy out."