Chapter 23 • Best For Last

"What the actual hell was I thinking?" I mutter to myself while staring at my pathetic reflection in Harry's loo mirror.

While he gets an A for effort for letting me borrow his clothes for the night, they don't fit, and I knew they wouldn't, but not this poorly. The joggers won't go past my hippopotamus hips and the jumper that can't get past my watermelon-sized breasts is cutting off the circulation in my arms.

The thought of changing back into my jeans and blouse crosses my mind, but I know I won't be able to get a good night's sleep in them. I start to panic and as the tears begin to well in my eyes, a knock at the closed door startles me.

"Is everything alright, love? Did you find the toothbrush?"

"Uhm, yeah, I found it, but uhm . . ." I trail off, wiping the tears from my cheeks.

"Are you okay?"

"Just a sec," I exhale a breath and open the door a smidge. "I'm having a little trouble with the clothes you lent me. They uhm, they don't quite fit."

"Oh . . . hey, I've got an idea. You can wear my bathrobe, that way you can make it as loose or as tight as you want. It's hanging on the hook right here on this door. It's very soft, too."

His kind words make me smile and for a split second, I don't feel like a beached whale.

"Thank you, Harry," I simply say and he nods with a smile, pushing his sunnies further up his nose. "Just give me a couple more minutes to change?"

"No hurry, love and hey, are you okay?"

"Mhm, yeah, I am now," I honestly say and he grins.

"Good. I'm gonna take Maggie right out front one last time for the night."

"Okay. I'll hurry," I give him a smile and softly close the door.

Getting the jumper and joggers off proves to be just as difficult, if not more, than trying to squeeze into them. Once I'm freed from the extremely tight confines and can breathe again, I notice the plush white bathrobe hanging on the hook exactly where he said it was.

I put it on and tie the belt, smiling at my reflection in the mirror. After I comb my fingers through my disheveled hair, I brush my fingers on the soft collar, bringing it up to my nose and I inhale the fresh scent of his body wash lingering in the fibers of the fabric.

After gathering my clothes and making sure I didn't move anything from its place, I open the door and turn out the light.

A flash of lightening shines through the guesthouse and as I walk over to the couch, a loud crash of thunder cracks in the sky and makes me jump. I quickly cover my mouth and the front door opens, earning my attention.

As I set my things on the coffee table, I watch Harry and Maggie step inside and he shakes off the rainwater from the umbrella at the doorstep.

"It's pretty bad out there, huh?" I ask out of curiosity and so he knows I'm in the room with him.

"Yeah, and you were smart to stay," he says, shutting the door and he reaches down for the harness. "Good girl, Maggie. Would you like a treat now? Yeah, c'mon."

I watch with a smile as they walk over to the kitchenette. Maggie sits next to Harry's leg, patiently waiting like the good dog she is while he feels around for the package of treats on the counter.

"Here you go, Maggie. Good girl," he pets her head while she starts chomping on the treat and he turns his head in my direction. "Did the bathrobe work out for you?"

"Yes, it did, thank you, and you were right; it's very soft."

"Of course, it is. I wouldn't lie, especially about the comfort level of loungewear."