Bonus Chapter 1 • Move In Day

"I never thought I'd say this, but the moving truck is empty. This, is the last box," I victoriously say, setting the box down in the entry way amongst the sea of others.

"Really?" Harry asks, apparently as shocked as I am.

"Mhm," I hum in answer while shutting the front door. "I tipped the movers fifty, just so you know."

"That was very generous of you."

"They earned it. My bed-, I mean, our bed, is heavy and I had them move it to a different spot than I originally said. I felt bad."

"But you were nice about it. I heard. M'sure they've dealt with worse clients, love."

"I guess you're right. So, now what?" I ask, removing the hair tie from my hair to let it down again.

"Now, we just have to unpack the never-ending boxes."

"But that's the fun part of moving. I much prefer unpacking to packing," I explain, walking over to him and Maggie and I sit down on the couch next to him. "Speaking of unpacking, how are you coming along with the entertainment boxes?"

"Just fine. Maggie and I have already emptied two and dusted off the albums and movie cases," he grins, reaching over and he places his hand on my bare knee, thanks to the shorts I'm wearing.

"Aw, you helped Harry, Maggie? That was nice of you," I coo. "M'sure you're a lovely helper."

"She is, but not as lovely as you," he smirks in my direction, giving my knee a squeeze.

"Hmm, sounds like someone is trying to sweet talk his way into getting out of unpacking more boxes."

"Who, me? Never," his dramatic arse makes me laugh and I cup his cheek, leaning in for a kiss.

It truly boggles my mind at how lucky I am and I can't believe all that has taken place within the last five months. I earned a promotion at my firm with several projects to keep me busy and my bank account at a comfortable number, Harry and I have moved into a spacious one-level flat and I'm the happiest I've ever been.

Before Harry, I was fine with being on my own because I didn't think anyone could love me for me. Then, he came into my life and swept me off of my feet. He's encouraged me to stand up for myself, to believe in myself and to love myself. It's amazing how much we compliment each other; like we were two puzzle pieces that were always meant to fit together.

He hums into our kiss and I peck his lips once more for good measure before leaning back and my tummy rumbles.

"Aw, are you hungry?"

"Yeah, I guess I worked up an appetite carrying the boxes in. Good thing we're meeting my dad for dinner in a bit."

Harry gives me a sad smile, no doubt feeling badly for what happened with my family. For as long as I've known him, my dad has always been a peacekeeper, to a fault, especially when my mum was involved. He's always been quick to either ignore or forgive her of her antics, but threatening to remove me from their will if I didn't break up with Harry was the last straw.

My heart broke when he told me that he filed for divorce and that he's already moved into a flat, but I've never seen him happier or at peace before. I have no clue how my mum is because I haven't heard from or spoken to her since the New Year's party and whenever I feel guilty for not ringing her to keep in touch, I remind myself that the telephone has two ends and she hasn't made the effort to ring me.

I realized that it wasn't Harry who she didn't accept, it was me, and no man could ever change that. All I know is that I'm happy with myself and I'm happy with Harry.