Chapter 2

He looked like a fairy, messy pitch black hair, and bright red eyes. It's mesmerizing, ah my heart is aching. I feel so homesick. I want to see my sister, I left her alone! She was probably in school when she heard it! No!! "Leine?" Father called me, his face shocked. Ah. I let out a tear. I looked at August's face, he looked shocked as well. I quickly wiped my tear and curtsied. "Hello, I am Madeleine..please do call me Leine." I said.

"Ah...hello..." he muttered looking down. "How old are you?" I asked. "Eight" he responded. "I'm eight as well." I stated. "Oh.." This has gotten a bit awkward. I suddenly grabbed his hands. "W-What?" He yelled. "You are beautiful. Would you consider being my rival?" I asked him. He suddenly blushed. "What?" He asked dumbfounded. I smiled a sigh and said, "Let's go to the garden!" I gently pulled him threw the corridor. Though he will be my rival in the future, I do want to have a good relationship with him.

We ran to the garden, which was pretty near. "Hey...why are we here?" He asked all Kuudere like. "Isn't it pretty? With all the flowers?" I asked him. This is what kids find pretty right? "I can tell you don't even find this pretty." He replied. I flinched. "No, I find it wonderful. Look! Here's one that reminds me of you." I ran to a Dahlia flower, it was a vivid red. "How is it like me?" He asked. "Because it has beautiful red petals like your gem like eyes. And in flower language it means elegance and dignity." He blushed again. "Am I not scaring you?" He asked. "Why would you be?" I asked.

A smile suddenly appeared on his face, "no reason...." "Hey...you know, you'll have to go to my school." I said. "Oh that famous one for magic." He commented. "Yeah. Did you know it's named after me?" I asked. "Oh, yeah, There's a maria in it huh?" He replied. "Yeah, Silvia was my mother's name." I added. "Oh, I see." He whispered.

     "What's your school like?" He asked. "It's very competitive, and if your too talented then they'll probably start to bully you." I replied. "Oh wow, so honest..." he muttered. Back then, another factor Why Madeleine wasn't bullied was because she was dumb. Like really dumb. So I'll probably get bullied. Ah what a hassle. "Oh and we wear these black robes with gold trimmings as uniforms for the elementary and middle school, then we suddenly change to half robes with blazers in underneath in high school." I explained. "You sure know a lot about the uniforms. "I just think it's a weird shift." I replied. "Do you know when I'm starting?" He asked. "In two days." I said quickly. "Wait..why did you answer so fast?" He asked looking a bit worried. "I just guessed." I replied. "Then it's not gonna be in two days.." he muttered. "No it will." I stated matter of factly as I touched the petals of the Dahlia flower. "How can you be so sure?" He asked.

       "Because I have a 265 IQ," I said as I got up from my crouching position and walked over to the white Hyacinth flower station. "What!? No way. It's not true." He said. I picked one of them off and I pointed the flower at him. "Wha-," he uttered. "Flower language." I said as I threw it at him and he catched it. I then walked away. A white hyacinth means...'I'll pray for you'. Yes, I'm quite the comedian.

This uniform is a bit like Harry Potter, just give me the round glasses and lightning bolt scar. "Princess, your father wishes to dine with you before you leave for school." Maid-Sama said. "I see.." Though he is my lovable and wonderful father now, there's a looming fear over me. He exiled his beloved daughter after she became hated by the country, and her rival Lydia became beloved. Lydia was even announced to be his long lost daughter, and she was named new princess. I can still remember the scene as if it was fresh in my head, it was a long day, we had just agreed on putting recycling bins on every street in the world. And I was playing it with my sister.

Emperor POV

She stood there, in chains, with a dirty flowing white dress. Her long black hair, messy and moving gently in the wind. Her face was soiled and she had an empty look on her face. That girl...is my daughter. She will be exiled in the next few minutes. I can still remember the moment she was born, her mother's desperate cries to me, her smiling face. "Madeleine." If I could say sorry to you and Silvia I would.

But this is necessary, to make sure this country doesn't fall apart. For a second, I could almost see Silvia standing right next to her on the dirt. She was staring at me, with such hatred. I betrayed you and "Madeleine." My heart aches for a better fate.

"Protect her...-," she chocked. "Silvia save your breath! You'll survive!" I yelled at the quickly diminishing light. She smiled, "love her...and make sure she is...happy...-," she coughed furiously, and blood splattered the white bedsheets and my hands. "S-Silvia..." I whispered. "Adrian....what's my favorite snack from...*cough cough* F-Fra-...nce..." her hand dropped and her eyes were dead. I stayed silent, but my tears kept falling. "Madeleines...."

I looked to the baby that was born just that day, "Madeleine." I'll make sure she's happy, Silvia! But in the end, I made her the most unhappiest, while Miss Lydia replaced her. What a father I am..

So I kinda pity Madeleine. Pretty rough, still it might get that bad. Which I firmly can't allow, since I'm gonna be queen. Unless I build an army outside of Florente and totally invade it, which I could do. But it's a hassle, It'll be my backup plan. I walked into the dining room, it was filled with various golden sculptures and designs. The gigantic dining table looked bare, with just one person sitting there. Father. His full name is Emperor Adrian Diomiteis de Florente, which is normal for a otome emperor. Gotta make it long. When he spotted me, his face brightened up. "Ah! Madeleine! Hello! Please do come sit down for breakfast!" He yelled happily. I nodded and sat down across from him. "Oh and Madeleine from now on Augustine is going to eat dinner with us, he agreed last night! He's a bit of a heavy sleeper though! haha!" He yelled cheerfully. Father's a warm and lovable person like that. It's annoying how I can't imagine he would exile his daughter for anything...

I carefully grabbed my fork and cut my pancakes. You know back when I was the president, I barley had time to eat breakfast. I'd always grab some cereal and chug it down. The last time I had a proper breakfast with family was when dad and mom were still around. After father met Miss Milly, he never was at home for very long. Just stopping by sometimes, and leaving right after that. Before, we all had breakfast together...I can still imagine the days where we smiled eating breakfast. Afterwards, I never had a breakfast like that.

I put the warm, blueberry pancakes with syrup in my mouth. It was delicious. I'm much too sensitive in this world, well it's not me, it's this body. Tears fell from my eyes again, as I smiled. What a wonderful taste, I wish my sister could have tasted it... "Leine? What's wrong?" Father asked looking worried. If you exile me I think I'll cry again. "Nothing, Just it tastes wonderful." I replied. "Oh really? I'll have to compliment the chef for making pancakes that even my picky Leine cried for!" He warmly yelled, half laughing.

"Good morning." August said as he opened the doors to the dining room. He still looked half asleep, in his long overflowing Harry Potter esc uniform. He rubbed his eyes as he sat down next to me. "Good morning August!" Father yelled warmly as the maids put down a plate of pancakes for August. He quickly bit into them and said, "This tastes good." Father smiled, "Is it good enough to cry for?" He asked. "Yes," August replied kuudere like. Father laughed as we finished our pancakes. "Well, it's time to go, Goodbye father." I said as I curtsied and August bowed. "BYE THEN!!" He yelled. We promptly left the dining room and were on the way to the carriage to school. "Oh by the way, in high school, the academy becomes a dorm, but it's your choice whether you want to or not." I muttered. "Oh is that so." He replied.

We got outside and swiftly got on the carriage. As the carriage started moving, August stared at me. "You'll pray for me?" He asked. Oh he found out. "Yes." I replied with a straight face. "..."

.