Chapter 14

"She beat you again, huh?" I asked Title. He stared daggers at me for mentioning it. "I told you not to remind me!" He said sticking his nose in a book. I smiled sweetly, "I'm sure you'll beat the princess next time though! You're always studying and I've never even seen the princess study before!"

"You've never seen her, period. How can you say she doesn't study?" He asked. "Oh well, uh I guess you study more! Yeah!" I replied. He sighed, "yeah, yeah."

"Uhm...Title? I found this mark on my hand whenever I'm near you, why is that?" I asked handing my hand out. He stared at it, "well, it's a mark showing that I respe- don't dislike you." He said. You were definitely about to say respect weren't you. You definitely were.

"That makes me happy! To think title doesn't dislike me!" I yelled. He turned away.

Now that I got the small talk out of the way, this is time for the real reason I came today. His real opinion on me. "Hey, title! Do you hate the princess?" I asked him. He looked confused. "Not really, I'm just mildly infuriated by her." He replied. "Is that mild infuriation enough to want to impose danger to her?" I asked.

Title stared at my eyes unwaveringly. "Well, violence is prohibited in school. But if she did something really bad to me, I'd feel the need to, uh, idk push her into a well and put the lid on?" He said. How scary. I shivered thinking about it.

"Would lying to you, count?" I asked him once more. He thought for a few seconds. "It depends on the lie, if it's small like, 'oh yeah I have a cat' but they really don't have a cat, then I obviously wouldn't do anything. But If idk she lied about killing my cat, I would be mad."

"...." I stayed silent as I stared at him. "Can you get this off me?" I asked as I held out my hand, with the mark. He stared at it, "Why?"

Okay, I'm impatient so I won't lie to this guy any longer. "Your real name is Sierr, correct?" I asked. His eyes widened. "How did yo-"

"Because I am Madeleine Maria de Florente, the genius who beats you every time." I said. He stared at me unmoving. "Well, I could've guess that one." He said. Whaaaaaaa. "I mean I never got to take a close look at the princess but I saw the back of her head once and I found it odd you never were in your supposed classroom."

"You came to my classroom to look for me?" I asked. He blushed, "No, I was just passing by!"

Ahh he's tsundere mode now. I must've become an important friend to him. "I was wondering why you lied to me about being someone else, but I realized it too. If you had introduced yourself immediately as the princess, I wouldn't have given you the time of day, so I just played along cause I wanted to spend more time with y- to watch your stupid attempts to act normal." He said.

I burst out laughing. "So, your okay with continuously being my friend?" I asked. He nodded. I smiled warmly at him.

"Oh and can I just say how annoying and emo you sound every day-," I started. "Be quiet!" He cut off.

I crept through the dark stone hallways of the alley at night. This would be a dangerous endeavor, but there was reason. Recently my mother who raised me and sold me off to a Noble family has died. She left in her will, a letter saying that the king of the Florente empire was my father. Since I cannot ever go back to my life as a commoner, I want to at least be in the care of my actual father. However, I'm sure. He would never accept me until that dastardly woman is gone. Therefore I have come here.

          One spell from Madam Winsdoor and all my troubles gone! Madeleine will face all the pain and suffering I had to face to a neglectful mother and an absent father! She'll experience every single pain it feels to have when your own parents betray you! The wind rushed in my hair.

        Once I spell starts, every single person that was ever on Madeleine's side will be against her and for me! I hope to watch her pathetic cries for myself! I laughed loudly from just imagining it. "Madam, if you laugh like that everyone's going to think you've gone insane." A voice said. I turned my head, Madam Winsdoor. "Good to see you." I said. She let out her hand, "I've been waiting."