Chapter 11

"Yeah, the ball is a formal event where other world leaders are visiting." Father said smiling warmly. "Is it that important?" I asked. "Of course, and you absolutely need to dance the first dance with me! To show our wonderful parental bond!" Father said enthusiastic. What a loving father. "Okay!" I replied smiling.

As I walked back, I noticed all the maids were rushing around with dresses and accessories. What? What's going on? I stopped a maid holding some flowers. "Uh, what's happening?" I asked. She looked panicked, "Oh princess! It's because the ball is coming! It's the most important ball in the world, because this will be the first appearance of the princess to the whole world!"

I stared at her blankly. What? This is scary. "Isn't it tomorrow though?" I asked. She sighed. "Oh, princess! The preparation of your dress and look must be started before the day, or we will be late!" She yelled. Really? Uh.

"Anyway, Princess, the head Maid is waiting at your room to give you a rose water bath!" The maid yelled as she ran away. Well, uh. Okay. I kept walking back to my room.

The next day, it was overly hectic. I woke up at 4:30 to get a honey and lily water bath then put on a face mask. Oh man my face looks great!

They then got all sorts of accessories and flowers. It's so busy. Wow.

They finished. I stared at myself in the mirror. DAMN WHTA THE HELL! MADELEINE YOUVE ALWAYS BEEN PRETTY BUT DAAAAAAMMMNN.

"Yo, are you guys done?" August asked as he stood outside the open door. "Of course, Princess is finished!" Said the head maid as the others looked exhausted in the back.

He came in. As our eyes met, his ruby red eyes widened.

August stared at me for a while, unmoving

August stared at me for a while, unmoving. ".....you look pretty." He said looking to the floor, he blushed. I smiled, "thank you,"

He held out his hand and I took it. "Is the ball starting?" I asked as we walked through the corridor. "Everyone's arrived, they're just waiting for the emperor and princess." August said, still holding my hand.

"Are you nervous?" I asked him. "Why would I be?" He replied looking up. I laughed. "Oh, I see father!" I yelled as we walked nearer to the figure of my father. He was wearing formal, intricate clothes that resembled what an emperor should look like.

August passed my hand to father. "You look stunning, Leine! The maids did great!" He yelled as he motioned his hands up. I giggled and said, "thank you!"

We walked down the stairs, to the ballroom.

The ballroom felt like it was sparkling as we stood over groups of people. "The emperor Adrian Diomiteis de Florente and Princess Madeleine Maria De Florente!"

I stared down at the groups of people. What a sight.